IV

you're walking down the stairs to exit the school when you run into a commotion. a group of three guys running up the stairs, giggling to themselves, books scattered all over the place, and you look up to see su-ae—with a bandaged hand—at the top of the stairs looking like she was about to snap.

you quickly rush up the stairs, "here let me help you with that." you pick up all the books as you see a wave of relief wash over her face.

"thank you."

"are you getting picked up? i'll carry them to your car for you."

"thank you so much, y/n. i'll text my dad right now." you two walk in silence to the exit while she struggles a bit to type with just one hand.

"okay...so he won't be here for a while..." she pauses, "do you...maybe wanna stop by the arcade with me?"

——

you and su-ae arrive at the arcade. you're a bit giddy because she finally asked you to hang out, meaning you're making progress! she headed to her favourite game, Razing Story. and there laid her username, ae-su, at the top of the list. just like in the webtoon. su-ae starts playing the game when you notice that a guy beside you was mumbling something.

"aw come on! it's saying it's two players but i'm sure i only selected one player?!"

'wait isn't this...OH YEAH THATS DOHWA!' you keep on looking left to right to see if su-ae was gonna help him like in the webtoon but she was too engrossed in the game. 'oh fuck it. i might as well take my chance' you think to yourself before swiftly moving beside him and picking up the second gun, "excuse me." you pretend to not know it's dohwa.

you've never played this specific game before but in your past life you used to play games like this all the time, this was light work. you moved the gun fast from side to side aiming directly at the monsters, mainly getting headshots. when it was over, his rank went all the way up to 4th place.

'not bad. looks like i might be able to compete with THE su-ae'

"hey, you're pretty good!" i hear su-ae's voice beside me, "but are you better than me?"

you laugh, "of course not. how could i beat the best gamer in this town!"

she giggles, "oh it seems like my dad's here." she taps her phone and brings it up to her ears signalling at you to follow. you take one last glace at dohwa before turning around and following su-ae out.

"you sure you don't want a ride?" confusion all over her face.

"it's okay don't worry about me. i wanna stop by somewhere before going home."

"okay...see you." su-ae gets in her car and fastens her seatbelt. you feel awkward standing there watching her every move, but what other choice did you have?

"oh, and y/n?" su-ae speaks up, leaning on the ledge of the opened window, making you perk your head up.

"yeah?"

"I forgive you." a sweet smile sits atop her face.

and with that, she rolls up her window and her dad drives off into the distance—giving you no time to respond, not that you had a response anyways.

whether she meant it or not, her words spread warmth around your body.

——

you open the door to your apartment and you're greeted with the smell of rice and curry. ever since being in this y/n's body you realized that she had a great relationship with her parents, unlike you in your past life.

"y/n are you home?"

"yeah...m..mom...im home." you smile finally being able to feel a bit comfortable in your own home.