XII

you're laying in bed on a saturday afternoon. it's a nice sunny day but you have nothing to do to.

it's been a few days since your movie date and dohwa hasn't made any move to try and talk to you. and as much as you wanted to talk to him, you knew it was best to leave him to figure out his feelings for su-ae first. as much as it hurt.

"y/n can you come with me to the cafe down the street?" ha-na opens your door, peaking her head inside. you've gotten way closer to her and so you truly consider her your real sister now.

"what do i get in return?" you put your left hand on your face to block the sun from your eyes.

"an amazing afternoon..."

"i'm already having an amazing afternoon."

"doesn't look like it." she crosses her arms. "plus my birthday's coming up soon so it's only right if you come with me."

"you're so annoying." you sigh.

"get dressed." she beams mockingly closing the door on her way out. which surprised you since she never closes your door on her way out.

you slowly make your way out of your bed and start getting ready.

you get dressed, putting on a comfy but cute outfit. doing your hair and then leaving your room.

"took you a while." your sister rolls her eyes.

"shut up." you walk past her.

-

you two enter the cafe down the street from your apartment.

"what are you getting?" you ask ha-na.

"i'll probably get the usual."

"just so you know i'm not paying for you." you sigh, already knowing she doesn't take no for an answer.

"dearest sister would you be so kind to pay for my drink. i promise i'll pay you back in 3-5 business days." she gives you puppy eyes.

"you're such an annoying brat." you roll your eyes.

"yet you still love me."

you stay silent. you have a much better bond with her than your sister from your past life, and you really do have sisterly love for ha-na.

"hello, what would you like to order?" the cashier in front of you interrupts your thoughts.

"hi, i'll take a medium y/fd and a medium peach tea please." you order for yourself and your sister because she has a hard time ordering.

-

as you're waiting for your drink to be made you hear someone call your name.

you look behind you to see su-ae and dohwa sitting together at a table. su-ae's waving at you, motioning for you to go talk to her.

you sigh, really not wanting to ruin your mood right now but also not wanting to be rude to your friend. so you decide to walk over there.

"hey y/n! what a coincidence that you're here too." su-ae says as you reach her table.

"yeah." you nod. "what are you two doing here?"

"oh we're just doing the work, from the bottom rankers class, that we forgot to do." she looks down at the sheet of paper.

your heart sinks. they didn't think to invite you? and were just going to let you do the work alone? do they even know you're in the bottom rankers class too? you felt even more excluded. somehow in someway this life was slowly starting to turn into your past life and it made you feel sick.