XIX

it's finally the weekend we decided on to go to marang. i don't know how it's going to go with me being here, since su-ae got to go in as dohwa's guardian in the webtoon. wait- will i have to wait in the lobby?

anyways, i'm squished in between dohwa and su-ae in this bus and it's hot as hell here. although, it is nice because i'm resting my head on dohwa's left shoulder and he's resting his head on top of mine. it makes me feel even more hot but it's worth it.

"y/n why did you say he could come along." su-ae pouts. "he's too exhausted to even be here, look at him passed out."

i move my head to look over at her but still keep it on his shoulder.

"but i still look handsome, right?" dohwa speaks up, it seems he wasn't passed out after all.

"ha! what baseless confidence...-" su-ae starts but trails off as she seems to notice the effortless glow dohwa has.

i giggle at their bickering, my favourite hobby is watching them go back and forth.

"also didn't you mention getting a weekend part time job?" su-ae asks.

"i took today off."

"why?!"

i raised my head off of dohwa's shoulder, since he was no longer resting his head on mine, to scroll through instagram.

"why'd you lift your head off my shoulder." dohwa pouts.

"oh i figured you didn't need to rest your head on mine anymore since you were awake now."

"so? what does being awake have anything to do with that?" he slightly leans over to rest his head on my shoulder now. "i like the warmth."

-

dohwa slides the business card over to the lady on the other side of the counter.

"you...?" she asks before looking at the card and being amazed.

"woah! please come this way!" the lady leads us to the turnstile. "this is the first time someone brought the chairman's business card!"

she pauses when she sees me and su-ae.

"i'm sorry but it'll be hard for someone to enter if they aren't your guardian..." the lady politely explains. "your friends can wait at the cafe."

"she's my guardian." dohwa speaks up.

i was waiting for him to let out that sentence. i've been trying to find ways to get in without her noticing but it all seems impossible.

the lady freezes at his words, "sorry? guard...ian?"

"yes. she's my noona." dohwa puts his hand on su-ae's shoulder to make it seem more believable.

the lady looks at them with an extremely confused expression. almost like she knew they were lying but wouldn't be able to call out the famous dohwa.

"s-so youre his noona..." she forces out. "and you are...?" she turns her head to me.

"she's my other guardian." he blurts out those 4 words that weren't a part of the plan of the webtoon. he puts his free hand around my waist, pulling me closer. i could feel the butterflies erupting in my stomach. my waist, for some reason, is a very sensitive and intimate part, according to my brain.

"if i'm not with both of my noona's i won't be able to go in because i'm too scared." dohwa pouts like a scared child, without his mom, in the line for the cashier.

"p-pardon?" the lady is taken aback even more now.

"right, noona's?" dohwa looks at su-ae first then turns his head to look at me while smiling.