XXVIII

the fair skinned girl harshly pushes you away from sang-hee. your hands ball up into fists, 'who do these people think they are?' as you're about to push her back you remember something.

'deep breathing, y/n. take deep breaths.' dohwa's voice booms in your head.

a while back, when you and dohwa were laying on your bed together, you asked dohwa how he managed to deal with all of his fans—especially the fangirls.

his immediate response was "deep breathing exercises. lots of deep breathing exercises."

at that moment, you instantly sat up and criss crossed your legs.

"can you teach me some? in case i also need to deal with them..." you asked.

he nodded, completely understanding where you were coming from.

so he taught you some deep breathing exercises that had helped him whenever he was struggling to stay calm.

who knew it would actually come in handy? oh wait, that's right, you did.

'deep breathing, y/n. take deep breaths. they aren't worth it.'

you breathe in for 4 seconds, hold it for 7, and exhale for 8 seconds.

this was, as dohwa called it, the '4 7 8' method.

although the trio gave you dirty stares—before looking amongst each other and asking what the hell you were doing—you didn't care, because the method did wonders.

"how are you guys still friends? i thought you all had a crush on him?" after calming down, you ask them the big question that everyone wants to know.

"we set aside our differences and realized that we could all have a fair chance to date him...if we get rid of you."

you slowly inhale and exhale. they aren't worth it.

you find yourself immediately walking around the trio to avoid conflict, trying to be the bigger person. kim y/n didn't have the best track record after all.

but one of the girls pulls you back by grabbing the back collar of your uniform shirt.

what the fuck?

"what do you think you're doing?" you instantly turn around and shove her hands off of you.

"don't think you can run from us," the third girl finally speaks up, "we know your dirty little secret."

she laughs, but you don't find it that funny.

"we could tell the whole school about your little relationship," the fair skinned girl gently holds a lock of your hair in her hands, "or...you could break up with him and we can pretend none of this ever happened. it's your choice."

"girl, shut up," you roll your eyes after slapping her dirty hand off of your hair.

suddenly, her hand comes into harsh contact with your cheek.

you didn't get any time to observe her facial expressions before she slapped you.

it was just an immediate reaction to your words—which must've annoyed her.

being in kim y/n's body must've impacted your thoughts because you shove her to the ground right away.

you didn't even push her that hard yet she fell to the ground that easily?

the fair skinned girl's hair gets all messed up and blocks her face; but you could still see her pissed expression through the cracks where there wasn't hair.