XIV

a few weeks ago — dohwa's POV

"dohwa they're calling for you. you have to go to the teachers' office." a feminine voice wakes me up from my nap. her hands are all over me—typical. i hate how people think they can just touch me whenever they want.

i rise my head from my desk and fake smile at her, thanking her. then i abruptly stand up and she scrambles to get out of my way. everyone here is always treating me like a celebrity, only because i'm good looking. i hate it.

i make my way to the teachers office, having no idea why they called me. hopefully not to recruit me again. i join the crowd that's entering the teachers office and immediately i can hear people whispering my name.

i notice y/n standing to the right and without a second to think my legs make their way over to her side. she looks up at me and smiles. i wish i could see her smile everyday, it's so beautifully contagious.

"so from the very beginning! it's very basic! starting with addition and subtraction-" the teacher starts but then gets cut off.

"sir! i'm a science major!" a guy in front of y/n announces.

"your major is not the problem right now. the bottom rank for science and liberal arts majors are the same, okay?"

two girls walk in and start making fun of all of us for being bottom rank. i tune my head in their direction noticing that su-ae was beside me too. but it looked like she was embarrassed and was trying to cover her face with her bangs.

i find it funny so i grin before whispering, "why? are you embarrassed?"

"then, you're not embarrassed?" she glares at me in return.

"well i'm a trainee. trainee's don't have time to study." i lie—but she doesn't have to know that. i hear a scoff from beside me which makes me look at y/n, the person standing beside me.

"liar." she mouths, before turning her attention back to the teacher.

a grin creeps up on my face remembering her singing in that karaoke booth...and then her forcing me to sing. she's one of the few people that know i can't sing.

"oh, eunhyuk is here." the teacher says, disturbing my thoughts. "wait a minute."

"yes." eunhyuk replies. i look over at him and i can feel the tension between him and su-ae. he starts reaching his hand out but ra-im shows up and stands in between them. if i didn't know any better i would've thought she was being a protective older sister.

"hey, ra-im!" a boy in the front calls out. "you cut your bangs?"

clearly this guy is stupid. i sneak a glance at y/n to see a frustrated look on her face. i wonder what's going on in that pretty...- pretty complicated head of hers. i turn my attention back to ra-im. she has a pout on her face while she points at her forehead.

"pick me, choose me, love me!" i hear y/n mumble, making me turn my attention back to her, again.

"what?" i ask, confused. i've never heard that saying before.

"how do you like that girl." she seems genuinely curious mixed with an unfamiliar expression.

"i don't like her. what made you think that?" whats she saying? where did she get the thought of me liking...i mean i guess i hang out with ra-im all the time and all of our 'friends' ship us but we're purely platonic. i see her roll her eyes in response. i should clear up this misunderstanding, i don't want her to think i have feelings for anyone else.

"ra-im and i..." i try to whisper but the teacher cuts me off. it doesn't look like y/n heard my attempt to speak anyways.

"sorry for the wait. congratulations first, second, and third rank of our school! you're going to get a scholarship soon, so tell your parents in advance." the teacher praises. how boring.