XXIII

the classroom door slides open. everyone in the class turns to look, thinking the same thing, 'it must be su-ae.'

and they were right. it was indeed su-ae. the glares from your classmates were so intense they could be heard in this dead silence.

minu's broadcast to the entire school—about su-ae being a cheater—had a huge effect your class, especially. it left your classmates wondering if it was true- actually, it wasn't a question for if it was true or not, it was a question as to who she cheated with.

su-ae takes a seat at her desk and you immediately turn around to talk to her. you two make eye contact but then footsteps can be heard entering the classroom.

"hey, go eunhyuk! what's happened to you? why are you like this?" someone from across the classroom yells, catching everyone's attention, practically announcing go eunhyuk's arrival as if he were the king.

"crazy! what happened?"

"i fell down some stairs." eunhyuk smiles.

eunhyuk's borderline ginger friend, joo kwangmin, bursts out laughing and starts making fun of how eunhyuk looks 'roughed up'. however, eunhyuk doesn't acknowledge him and just starts walking towards his spot, perfectly fine.

you would ask why he was wearing the cast if he could walk fine but you already knew the answer. it was all for his beloved su-ae.

"by the way, eunhyuk, can you really walk like that?" eunhyuk's other friend notices the same thing as you—although, he's clueless and you are not—and speaks up about it.

"huh...? ah..." eunhyuk looks down as if he just remembered he was wearing a cast. "ouch."

an amused expression appears on your face. suddenly, his head turns in your direction, but he's not looking at you. he's looking behind you. at su-ae.

when will they get together. you roll your eyes at the  thought of the slow burn webtoon.

even you and dohwa got together before them. you smile at the thought of your, now, boyfriend.

"hey, what are you guys doing over there?! don't you hear the bell ringing? go back to your seats!" your homeroom teacher interrupts the situation.

——

you rest your head on top of your arms that sat crossed on su-ae's desk. you join your classmates in staring at the two stars of the day. eunhyuk, who had taken the time to sit beside su-ae. and su-ae, who was so obviously panicking and feeling nervous under everyone's gazes.

"hey...why are you sitting here? go back to you seat!" su-ae whispers to eunhyuk. but he ignores her. she looks over you, pleading with her eyes, asking you to tell him to leave. but you just turn your head to the side to look out the window.

you close your eyes. the feeling of the sun on your face made you feel like you were at the beach, tanning. the warmth gave you comfort.

"it's not an affair. i was the one who chased after her."

you open your eyes immediately at those words. you pick your head off of your arms to look over at eunhyuk properly. you remembered him saying something like this in the webtoon but damn was it weird hearing him say it in person.

the whole class gasps in unity before turning to talk to their friends about go eunhyuk's shocking statement.

then...this must be when dohwa-

"weren't you saying it so he could hear it?"

-enters the class... yep.

"your voice is too loud, you know." dohwa furrows his eyebrows but smiles at the two classmates that were previously shit talking su-ae.