V

me and su-ae were sitting at the top of a slide in the beginning of the tunnel entrance, in the playground closest to our apartment.

she had just gotten back from doing a group project with eunhyuk when i ran into her on my way to the convenience store. recently we've become a lot closer so since she looked upset i asked her to come with me.

and now we're here, eating snacks while she vents to me occasionally.

two voices started to get louder meaning two people, other than us, were now in the park.

"do you have to be so crude?" a female voice, that i recognized as ra-im's, said.

"so what is it you wanted to talk about? spit it out." a male voice spoke...dohwa??

ah...this must be the scene where she admits her feelings abt su-ae. shit why did i come here this is gonna be so awkward...

"you said you had something to tell me. what is it?" dohwa asks.

"wanna go out?" su-ae raises her head, way more alert now.

"cut the crap." he hissed out, "what's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

she chuckles, "i thought maybe if i have something good, i won't want what's not mine"

"something good? am i some kind of object to you?" he jokes. "who is this guy you want so much?"

"it's not important who he is it's more about whose he is."

yikes. su-ae's face goes pale. i try to give her an apologetic look but her mind is elsewhere.

ra-im continues, "i really like her a lot...but i hate her as much as i like her." she pauses. "and i like her and hate her for the same reasons. isn't that weird? maybe that's why i want to take something from her..."

"what?! when did you become so cruel?" he asks. "of course you shouldn't take what's hers, that's common sense."

"but i kinda already did."

"okay? what do you want me to do about it? why are you telling me all of this?" his tone switches to one that's annoyed.

"you think i want to confide in you?" her tone matching his.

"didn't you just ask me to go out with you?" he asks climbing the playground stairs that lead to the slide. which is when he notices both mine and su-ae's pale faces.

"hey, your sister's-" dohwa says before cutting himself off because of me and su-ae rapidly waving our hands signalling not to tell her.

"what? how did you know i was talking about my sister?" ra-im responds, completely oblivious, which makes su-ae's face drop before she starts choking on her sandwich. i start patting her back and signal to dohwa asking for the milk he has in his hands. so dohwa squats down and reaches out to give her some of his milk. after she swallowed it she stopped choking.

he chuckles before getting up and whispering, "you owe me." i don't know if he said it to me or su-ae.

but before he could leave i pulled onto the bottom of his sweater, making him turn around with a questioning look, i reach my hand in my pocket and bringing a lolipop out. i handed it to him to thank him and he gave me a grin before walking down the steps and shoving it into his pocket.

"that's enough. time to go home." he puts his arm around her and they walk off into the distance. i feel a tinge of jealousy from their physical contact but i just shake it off saying it's just nerves.

"hey you okay, su-ae?" i ask with an apologetic expression and tone.

"yeah...let's head back home it's pretty late now." she responds and i nod, not questioning it.