XIII

"y/n you're such a good singer." ha-yun admits.

"haha real funny." you respond sarcastically.

you went out for karaoke with your group of friends: eunji, ha-yun and nabi. it was getting pretty late out and it was a school night so you guys decided to end it and start walking home together.

"no you're actually really good- like trainee level. no wonder you're dating dohwa." nabi giggles.

"we're not dating." you lightly shove her, jokingly.

"anyways...yesterday i..." eun-ji starts when you hear a ping from your phone.

———————————————————————————

dohwa

saturday 2:01pm

what happened?
are you okay?
read

today 8:50pm

can you meet me by the playground near your apartment

lmao this isn't su-ae, it's y/n

i know

why what's wrong

idk just meet me there i wanna talk

abt what

stuff

stop being so vague

stop being so nosy 🙄

okay fine i'll meet u there jackass

—————————-————————————-—————

as much as you didn't want to meet with him...you figured that he might need someone to talk to and as his friend you felt obligated to meet up.

"hey, guys..." you speak up, making your friends look at you. "i'm gonna go to the convenience store, you don't have to wait for me."

"what? y/n, you're our friend of course we'll wait for you." eunji says.

"you don't have to, i might take a while."

"it's late. there are too many creeps in this area." ha-yun replies.

"okay fine, you caught me. i'm gonna go meet up with dohwa at the playground...so i'll be fine." you sigh, caving in.

"well why didn't you just say so." eunji rolls her eyes.

"because she was too embarrassed to say she was meeting up with her boyfriend." nabi teased.

"no it's because you guys aren't gonna let this go."

"damn right. we will definitely be talking about this tomorrow." eunji announced as she ushered ha-yun and nabi down the sidewalk and out of the area.

-

you're sitting on a swing at the park, alone. dohwa's late, even though he was the one that asked you to meet up, very typical of him. but you were thankful because it gave you time to think.