XXII

"so...is now a good time to talk?"

you glance up at dohwa. his eyes showing genuineness with a hint of amusement at his comedic relief line. you couldn't help but smile at the words that escaped his mouth. however, a sigh followed that smile soon after you remembered the events of today and yesterday.

you nod ever so slightly but he seems to catch it just im time. instantly, his left arm is around your shoulders, guiding your body to a nearby bench that's sitting under a tree.

you two sit down on the bench, side by side.

"so what did you want to talk about?" you ask, the answer obvious but you needed assurance that your gut is truly right.

"i think you know already." he grins in amusement, eyes lighting up with a new idea as he leans slightly down so his mouth is by your left ear, "or do i need to show you?"

you feel his breath still on your ear as he awaits your answer. he was obviously joking, or maybe not, but it still made places of your body tingle and feel hot.

"how about i show you since i was the one that initiated it." you face him, returning his grin.

"so you do know what i'm talking about."  he turns away and leans back on the bench. you can tell that he feels proud for getting that out of you, which earns an eye roll from you.

"of course i know you're talking about our...kiss." your fingers subtly make their way up to your lips to touch them.

"well...how was it?"

"it was good, really good." you smile to yourself.

silence joins you two as a gentle sway of the trees create a nice warm breeze.

"y/n, I..." he starts then pauses, trying to collect his thoughts, "i know all that stuff happened with you, me, and su-ae, where i couldn't control my own body—which still must sound ridiculous to you." he laughs at the stupidity of his poor actions/situation, "and i know i fucked up but i just want you to know that you're truly a special person to me; the most special person in my life."

"dohwa..." your heart warms at his heartfelt words. "i feel the same way."

those words make a smile from ear to ear, appear on his face. in an attempt to subtly get closer but not too close, he pulls your legs onto his and holds them there. it's a small gesture but it makes you feel happy inside. seeing how far you two have come.

"ever since we made eye contact in the cafeteria." you continue your sentence. it was slightly before that moment (maybe a few years...in another world...) but he didn't have to know that.

he laughs, "you remember that?"

"of course i do, but i'm surprised you do."

"my memory isn't that bad." he rolls his eyes. "at first, i thought you were a fan girl. but then, when you turned your head away in annoyance, it confused me."

"did it?" you giggle, thankful for your past self's' actions, "did it make you curious about me?"

you scoot your body closer to his so that your faces don't feel meters apart.

"no, but that day at the karaoke booth did." he smiles, leaning closer towards you.

"mmm how so?" you lean in even more so that your lips are almost touching.

"well, i thought you were a thief at first." he jokes, his pretty brown eyes moving down to look at your lips, "then i thought you were a weirdo, running in the rain as if you wanted to get sick." his lips brush against yours as he talks.