XXIV

school finished hours ago and you had no idea how you managed to end up in an arcade, but you knew it was your time to shine.

earlier, the four of you—you, eunhyuk, su-ae, and dohwa—were sitting on a bench outside of school when dohwa had mentioned something about covering rumours with other rumours. to be honest, this chapter in the webtoon excited you but not as much as the chapters that came after it (a/n: 🤭).

but anyways, you ended up at the arcade and you're planning to make the most of it.

you spot the familiar black haired boy at a claw machine. he looked so concentrated that you almost didn't want to interrupt him. keyword: almost.

you walk your way over to him to see what he was so intensely staring at. but as you get there, you hear the claw machine ding, sounding as if it was disappointed in him.

"what are you trying to get?" you ask him as he puts some coins in the coin slot.

"the bunny." he looks at you for a split second before putting his focus back into guiding the claw.

he uses the control to move it to the right and then ever so slightly forward before slamming the button for the claw to go down.

spoiler alert: the claw didn't pick up the bunny.

"you suck," you laugh at him.

he glares at you while folding his arms, "do you wanna try?"

"step aside, you absolute loser," you grin, "let the pro work her magic."

"hey!" he acts offended that you called him a loser. but what can you say? it's only the truth.

you bend down to slide some coins into the coin slot, before standing back up and placing your dominant hand on the controller, and your other hand on the button. you were determined to prove eunhyuk wrong.

the bunny is right in the center so you move the controller backwards and slightly to the right. you hoped with all your might that the claw was in the right position as you pressed the button. the claw slowly and painfully moved down, it struggled to pick up the bunny's big head but had managed to latch on to one of the ears!

it carried the bunny back by a thread and dropped it into the open area.

with a proud look on your face, you turn to look at eunhyuk who looked defeated. dohwa's laugh boomed from behind you, startling you. 'how long has he been standing there?'

"she wins, you lose." dohwa states as he lazily rests his arms on top of your shoulders. you turn to look up at him with a big grin, and he faces you with the same grin. you couldn't believe he was your boyfriend now. he went from your favourite character to your favourite boyfriend. wait that sounds wrong-

you look back at eunhyuk who's expression quickly turned to one of joy as he bent down to take the bunny. he stood up and held the bunny in the air as if it was his simba.

you spent a few seconds laughing at the sight, feeling dohwa lift his arms off your shoulder to take a few pictures of eunhyuk. it made you smile to see the two of them getting along better than ever. but then, you notice su-ae beating up some poor arcade game. so you rush over to her without saying a word to the two boys.