IX

you were sitting with your group of friends who you learned were: choi eun-ji (the dark brunette), kang ha-yun (the short haired brunette) and yoon nabi (the blonde with longer hair).

you were slightly paying attention to their conversation but you were mainly focused on your phone.

"hey y/n who's your secret friend again? i forgot." eun-ji asks.

"can't say." you put your index finger over your lips. your class decided to do an event where you draw a name from a hat and that person becomes your secret friend—you have to get a gift for them, it's basically secret santa—and your secret friend happened to be eun-ji. you wanted to surprise her since she's been very caring and understanding from the start.

"awww c'mon we won't tell anyone pleaseee." nabi says.

"well actually, it's one of you guys but that's all i'm gonna say."

they all went 'ooooo' before looking at each other trying to guess which one.

"guys, the results of the math test are out, so check yours!" a classmate entered the classroom and put up a piece of paper on the board. everyone started lining up to see, except for su-ae.

"you're not gonna check yours, su-ae?" you ask her.

"no, i'll be in the lower half anyways. i've already predicted it, it's impossible to be upper-half rank." she shrugs trying to act cool, "plus art school rarely uses math."

"but kang ajin is in the upper half. don't you both go to the same art academy??" su-ae's friend speaks up, seeing right through su-ae.

"i'm originally good at everything." ajin poses.

"good for you." su-ae rolled her eyes.

"hello. the following students please gather in the teachers' office. 2nd year class 1, kim seungcheol, 2nd year class 2, lee ahreumeum, and jung seonho, 2nd year class 3 shim su-ae and kim y/n, 2nd year class 5 kim kyumin, 2nd year class 8, lee yeoungho, 2nd year class 10, baek dohwa." an announcement came from the speakers.

'there's no way...i studied so hard though (you didn't) mom's gonna be so disappointed.' you think to yourself.

——

"so from the very beginning! it's very basic! starting with addition and subtraction-" the teacher gets cut off.

"sir! i'm a science major!" a guy in front of you announces.

"your major is not the problem right now. the bottom rank for science and liberal arts majors are the same, okay?"

two girls walk in and start making fun of all of us for being bottom rank. which activates su-ae's hair curtain skill. she manages to hide her face immediately.

dohwa notices this and smirks, "why? are you embarrassed?"

"then, you're not embarrassed?" she glared at him.

"well i'm a trainee. trainee's don't have time to study." he replies. you scoff in return which makes him look at you. "liar." you mouth, before turning your attention back to the teacher.

"oh, eunhyuk is here." the teacher says and su-ae freezes. "wait a minute."

"yes." eunhyuk replies. he turns and makes eye contact with su-ae. he was about to reach his hand out but ra-im comes out of nowhere and stands in between them, of course.

a couple of boys call out her name and say something stupid by the looks of others, obviously not important enough for you to listen. and then ra-im turns to eunhyuk and starts pouting while pointing at her forehead.