XVI

now it's after school, and you're packing up. you fell asleep in class and it didn't occur to anyone that they should wake you up??

you hear the class the door slide open and close. your breath hitches, thinking it's a serial killer.

"hey y/n." you hear his voice.

"dohwa?" you feel relieved. "what are you doing here?"

"su-ae told me id be able to find you here." he walks casually over to your spot.

"su-ae? wouldn't you rather hang out with her than me?" you scoff, going back to putting stuff in your bag.

"no...i missed you." he touches your arm to stop you from packing up. and he gently turns you around so that you're facing him. but you still won't look him in the eye.

"i should really get going..." you turn back around, not wanting to look at his...beautiful face.

"please talk to me, y/n." a concerned tone escapes his lips.

"i just want to go home." you grab your bag and walk past him, making your way to the door. but he grabs your wrist.

"i promise these past few weeks are not what you think."

"just let me-" you try to escape his grasp.

"please just let me explain. i think you misunderstood my actions...or lack thereof."

"how could i misunderstand? i saw the way you look at su-ae. and then how you look at me as if i bother you." you blurt out.

"what are you talking about...?"

"it's obvious you like su-ae. and i don't blame you because what's not to like. but i wish you liked me instead." you explain, mumbling the last part.

"what? what was the last thing you said? i didn't hear it." he pauses to let you speak but when he realizes you're not going to, he starts talking instead. "first of all, you've never been a bother to me. i thought we cleared that up a few days ago...? and second of all, when did i say i liked su-ae?"

"it's your actions- but also that day we stayed after school in the bottom rankers class you couldn't take your eyes off of su-ae. you didn't even look at me once. you both ignored me and excluded me from all the conversations. and even after that day you kept choosing her over me. it's pretty obvious you have a thing for su-ae and i'm just in the way."

he looked taken a back and at a loss for words, which was all you needed. you start heading for the door again but he quickly stands in front of you.

"okay i admit i was in the wrong for ignoring you back then. but i honestly thought you were tired." he defended himself.

"uh huh. and what about before i put my head down."

he sighed, "i don't know why i ignored you but i thought i would finally be able to make a real friend because su-ae was actually genuine."

that upset you. "am i not a real friend? am i not genuine enough for you??"

"no! that's not what i meant! it's just that...the feelings i feel for you are more complex..." he looks down at the ground, his ears turning a shade of red.

'did he just...confess his feelings for me? ...or did he confess his hatred for me?' you think to yourself.

you look up into his eyes that were already looking at yours. this time his eyes had a spark in them, but it was different from the shine he had in his eyes with su-ae, in a way you couldn't explain. but it was all the confirmation you needed. you looked down at his lips and leaned forward, dropping your bag, and standing on your tippy toes. he, hesitantly, followed your actions and leaned forward too, bending down a bit. his hands slightly glide up your clothes till they land on each side of your waist, pulling you closer to him, giving you butterflies. he parts his lips which makes a grin appear on your face.