XXVI

It has been a few days since Lauren woke up and today she is being discharged from the hospital as her vitals showed no signs of any more complications or threat to her health, except for the fact that she still has a traumatic amnesia. She helps pack up some of the things that people have given her while she was in bed, unconscious. Flowers, cards, balloons and many more were all put in a box to be transported back to their house. Lauren finishes up with her things on the bed when she found a letter placed on the table just a few inches away from her bed. She picks it up and opens it slowly to reveal a page of writing. She then starts reading, only to realise that this letter is from Camila, dated back when Lauren was still in coma.

Babe,

So today we helped decorate the baby shower party for Ally, God who knew that would be so time consuming? I was in charged with the decorations while the other two ordered each other around. That was entertaining.

Anyway, I miss you. I've been feeling so lost lately, no text messages, no calls, no movie nights, sleepovers, hangouts, nothing except for the fact that I get to spend my time with you here in the hospital. I mean, that's not bad but it's just that it has been too long already since I got to spend quality time with you alone, awake.

I'm not gonna ramble on just like how I usually do, just like the way you love me talk about useless things for hours and just leave it here for now. Please wake up soon.

I love you and I will always do.

Camila xo

Lauren read the short letter and placed it inside her bag for safe keeping. She sighed heavily to herself and looked at the rest of the clothes that she needs to pack inside her bag.

She then hears a soft knock on the door and she quickly turned around from her position on the bed to see who it was.

"Hey sweetie." Clara greeted, "are you ready?" She asked and walked up Lauren gradually.

"Just a few more clothes to pack then I'm ready to go." Lauren smiled and looked at her mum.

"Are you okay?" She asked, after sending that Lauren's a little out of it.

"Yeah I guess so." Lauren shrugged her shoulders. "I mean I'm going home, I think I'm fine." She the chuckled lightly.

"Lauren." Clara sighed and took a seat next to Lauren on the bed.

Lauren looked at her mum and sighed before running her fingers through her hair quickly.

"I found this letter from... Camila?" Lauren half asked, half sated the smaller girl's name. "And I don't know, it just hit me thinking a little." She then added.

"About what?" Clara asked.

"About what I had with her before the accident." The young girl stated simply. "What it was like to be with her." She then dropped her gaze to her lap and started fiddling with her fingers. "I just wish that I could remember."

"You will eventually, just don't rush it too much." Clara placed a reassuring hand on top of Lauren's. "I promise that we will all work hard on your memory so that you will remember the things that you used to."

"She looked broken mum." Lauren stated. "I saw the pain in her eyes when I didn't recognise her."

"I know."

"I don't like seeing her like that."

Clara hugged her daughter tightly and stroked her hair lovingly to send some reassurance and comfort to Lauren.

Ever since Lauren woke up from her coma, neither Camila or Dinah visited her from the hospital, partly because Lauren doesn't remember either of them but mostly because Camila knows that she has hurt Lauren more than ever, without Lauren realising it. Camila avoided anything that would relate to Lauren for that moment at any cost, she couldn't bare to look at the girl that she once called her girlfriend to be in despair and confused state.