XXXII

The day has finally come. The day that Camila have dreaded the most, the deadline for her application has finally arrived and she is due to send in a video of her performing and if she stands out, then that means that she'll have to go in and perform in front of the administrators at Juilliard.

"Are you gonna send it?" Dinah asked as they finally finished recording Camila's audition tape.

Camila didn't say anything, she just stared at the camera with no emotion written on her face.

"Mila?" Dinah tried to distract Camila from her thoughts.

"This is really happening." Camila mumbled to herself.

"What? Don't mumble, I can't hear you." Dinah commented.

Camila sighed heavily and looked at Dinah straight in the eyes, she still didn't have any emotion written on her face. It was just blank.

"One more shot." Camila commented and ran her fingers through her hair before fixing the strings on her guitar.

"Alright." Dinah pressed a few buttons on the recording device before nodding to Camila, signalling that she's ready.

Camila breathed in a lungful of air before she started strumming the starting chords to her song.

I watched you sleepin' quietly in my bed
You don't know this now but
There's somethings that need to be said
And it's all that I can hear
It's more than I can bear

Camila looked up to look at directly in the direction of the camera where Dinah is watching from the other side of it.

Camila's built up emotion could be seen while she sings the lyrics to the song.

Her eyes spoke more than the words that flowed steadily out of her mouth. All of her feelings, her love towards Lauren, she spits out through the song.

What if I fall and hurt myself
Would you know how to fix me?
What if I went and lost myself
Would you know where to find me?
If I forgot who I am
Would you please remind me?
Oh, cause without you things go hazy

Her voice echoed in the room. Dinah feeling all of the emotions that comes along with the song. She could feel it all. Only if Lauren was there to see it all, she would've love to hear Camila's voice filling her ears, her melody, her everything.

Camila finally reached the end of the song once more and once the last chord was strum and surrounded the what seemed like an empty room, Camila averted her gaze from the camera and the shot was done.

The smaller girl took a deep breath after Dinah have pressed the button and made a beeping sound that Camila knew was the end of the video.

"How was it? Was it better now?" Camila asked, her hand hanged loosely on the body of her guitar as she talks to Dinah.

"Well if you're trying to make them cry then yeah it's better now." Dinah replied.

"Was it too much?" Camila asked, butting her bottom lip and her eyebrows knitted together.

"No Mila, that's what I call pure talent." Dinah sighed and rolled her eyes at Camila, chuckling a little.

Camila blushed and laughed a little before placing down her guitar. They have been working on the video for hours and so many shots have been taken already, that Camila could guarantee that she can make a movie out of them.

"So when will Lauren hear that song?" Dinah asked once Camila stood up from her seat, stretching her limbs that somehow felt like trapped after hours of just sitting down on one place.