IX

Lauren woke up early that very morning and gathered her things to go over to Ally's house for some kind of emergency. Lauren rushed over to Ally's wanting to know what happened to her friend.

"Ally open up!" Lauren knocked on Ally's door loudly.

There was no answer and Lauren repeatedly knock on the door loudly.

Lauren rummaged through her bag, remembering that Ally gave her a spare key to her house.

She hurriedly unlocked the door and ran around the house, looking for her friend worried.

"Ally?!" Lauren shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

The silence that surrounded the house, made it possible for Lauren to locate where Ally is. She heard faint sobs coming from upstairs, where Ally's room is.

"Ally?" Lauren asked at the front of the door.

She didn't hear any response so she decided to let herself in the room, slowly she was greeted by the small girl crying, leaning on the edge of the bed. Her face was buried in between her legs and her hair covered her entire face, that made it impossible for Lauren to read her friend's expression.

Instead of saying something, Lauren came up to Ally hurriedly, hugging her tightly in her arms.

"Shh... it's okay Ally. I'm here now." Lauren stroke Ally's hair, who wouldn't stop sobbing on her chest.

"Lau... Lauren..." Ally sobbed loudly.

"Shh... we'll talk later..." Lauren stopped Ally from talking and stroked her hair lightly.

The two girls sat there on the floor for some time before Ally calmed down. Lauren tried her best to carefully unlock the mystery to Ally's emergency but then didn't want to force her friend to explain things while she's in a very vulnerable state.

"Do you want me to call Mani as well?" Lauren asked, as she helped Ally to move from the floor of her bedroom to sit on her bed.

"Yeah, that'll be good. Thanks." Ally breathed loudly, fixing her hair.

Her eyes are red and puffy from all of the crying she has done.

Lauren went down stairs to make the call, closing the door behind her slowly. She dials the number as she reaches the bottom part of the stairs.

"Hey." Normani greeted from the other line.

"We need you right now." Lauren blurted out, walking back and forth the hallway.

"Why? What happened? Is everything okay?" Normani asked worriedly.

"It's Ally... She called me earlier today, crying and we just want you to be here right now." Lauren explained.

"Okay, I'm heading out the door now but do you know why she was crying?" Normani asked.

"No and I don't want to force her Mani and please do not force her either." Lauren begged, trying to keep her voice on the down low.

"Okay, I promise. I'll be there soon." Normani hanged up the phone.

Lauren made her back to Ally's room and along the way received a text message from Camila.

Camila: "Hey Lauren."

Lauren: "Hey Camz, sorry but I'm kind of busy right now, I'll text you later though. I promise!"

Camila: "Is everything okay? But it's alright if you don't want to tell me, it's not like it's my place to know."

Lauren: "Yeah everything's fine, don't worry too much! Thanks for being concerned though, I really appreciate it."