XLII

As the day gets closer and closer, Camila starts to pack her things up to move to another state soon. Only having her essentials with her, Camila's parents decided to meet their daughter in a few days to give her some of her stuff in order to move in to her small apartment in New York.

Lauren too, have started to pack everything that she will need in order to move in with her girlfriend soon.

Although they will need to work with the distance between the two of them, Lauren and Camila have promised each other to make phone calls and exchange text messages between the two of them for the majority of the day.

Both Clara and Mike supporting their daughter's decision and helping out for the couple's needs if ever they need any sort of help along the way. Lauren's parents already helping out with Camila's parents to pay up the first few months of their rent in order to get the girls started.

Lauren already looking for a job to make sure that she's ready to be financially independent soon, especially with Camila being involved.

Camila also got a few job offers in order for her to be financially independent.

Being busy and overwhelmed with everything that's happening around them, the group of friend still makes sure that they get to spend time together as a group before parting.

And that day before the intense packing resumes, they all decided to spend some time at the beach with a small lunch prepared by Ally.

"Yo Ally this is the shit!" Dinah complimented Ally's cooking.

"The shit? Really?" Lauren gave Dinah a pointed look for her choice of words.

"What? It's so good." Dinah shrugged her shoulders at Lauren.

"Yeah but we're eating." Normani placed a hand on Dinah shoulder and gave a small nod.

"Damn, can't a girl give out compliments anymore?" Dinah scoffed.

"Dinah control yourself." Camila chuckled.

"Can you move in with me?" Dinah asked Ally.

"So that you can make me your personal chef? I don't think so." Ally laughed a little.

"You can't do that Dinah, she's popping out that kid soon and I'm pretty sure you don't want Ally going all momzilla on you." Normani joined in.

"Good point." Dinah agreed and took another spoonful of the food from her plate, "I'll just move in with these two." She then pointed at Camila and Lauren.

"Yeah no." Lauren rolled her eyes at Dinah.

"Why not?" Dinah asked quite offended.

"Because you can't." Lauren raised an eyebrow at Dinah.

"I promise I won't walk in to the two of you having sex." Dinah raised her right hand in the air.

"No, you're not moving in with us." Camila sighed.

"Plus you got yourself all sorted out anyway, you're fine." Lauren pointed out.

"Whatever, just be sure that I get a copy of the key to your apartment in the mail so that when I go there I can just barge in." Dinah smiled brightly at Camila and Lauren.

"Sure just make sure you give us a text first if you're gonna come just to be sure you don't walk in on anything." Camila nodded her head.

"Alright, I promise." Dinah rolled her eyes at Camila.

"And done." Dinah announced once she finished her plate of food and placed it down on the mat.

"Good for you." Lauren sarcastically congratulated Dinah.

"You know I'm not liking the attitude right now Lauren." Dinah pointed out.

"It's the time of the month." Normani whispered to Dinah but looking at Lauren.

"Shut up you two I know what you're talking about." Lauren glared at her friends.

"Mila give your girlfriend some sex action, she's been a cranky bitch lately." Dinah looked at Camila.

"She's just tired of your voice Dinah." Camila laughed a little and rubbed Lauren's back.

"I hate the two of you." Dinah groaned.

"Come on." Lauren then stood up after taking the last bite of her food and held out a hand for Camila to take.

"Where are we going?" Camila asked.

"We're going for a walk." Lauren smiled.

Camila grabbed hold of Lauren's hand for support and laced their fingers together, walking side by side along the water leaving their prints temporarily on the sand behind them.

Lauren let's out a sigh while swinging their hands together on her side.

"Can you believe that we're gonna be able to see each other 24/7 in a few weeks?" She then asked.

"Time flies." Camila replied.

"Camz?" Lauren then spoke after the brief silence fell between the two of them.

"Yeah?" Camila looked to her side to face Lauren.

"Do you think this is it?" Lauren then asked.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked really confused.

"That this is it..." Lauren trailed off, "that whatever is gonna start soon will be how it is for the rest of our lives." She then added.

"I'm not gonna leave you Lauren, you know that." Camila tightened her grip on Lauren's hand, "no matter what happens, it's you and me together babe. I promise." She then stopped in her tracks to face Lauren.

Camila grabbed hold of Lauren's other hand. She then looked deeply into Lauren's emerald green eyes and placed a soft tender kiss, lingering there for a while.

When they separated, Lauren looked intently into Camila's eyes and took a deep breath.

"Then marry me." She then spoke softly.

Camila was taken by surprise at what Lauren had just said.

She then bit her bottom lip and flashed out a big smile.

"I mean not like now but like soon." Lauren then started to freak out.

"I shouldn't have..." She spoke again.

Camila then leaned in for another kiss to stop Lauren from rambling and freaking out.

"Of course Lauren." Camila spoke softly while gently caressing Lauren's face. "I will marry you." She then added, "not now but soon, I promise."

Lauren lets out a sigh of relief and kissed Camila on her lips once again before hugging her girlfriend tightly in her arms.

A/N:

I know the chapters are getting shorter and shorter BUT you guys this is it, the end is coming!

It is what it is you guys, hope I'm not disappointing any of you though, I'm trying my best to give you guys a good ending to this - in working it out as I go so bare with me on this.

For the meantime, you guys should check out my new story called My Safe Haven, it'll probably be confusing at first but confusion is good, you guys will find out why and how things turn out the way it is for our little couple, Camren along the way. Plus if you love mystery, drama and all the dirty stuff, I'm sure you'll like that new story I'm working on.

Love you guys, thanks for all the support and love for this story.

-J xo