XLIII

Lauren hasn't been able to get any sleep lately, the thought of her girlfriend leaving so soon won't leave her mind. No matter how hard she tried to put it in the back of her mind. She hated the idea of Camila being alone in a new place, new environment, new everything without having to have Lauren by her side.

Even though Lauren knew that their separation won't be for long, she's still anxious about letting Camila go even just for a few weeks.

It's important for Lauren to know that Camila is coping well enough at the new things that is ahead of her.

This is the start of everything not just for her girlfriend, but for the two of them. Most people would even say that they are insane for having the idea of living together under one roof at the short amount of time knowing each other but deep down inside Lauren knows. She knows that they are doing the right thing.

That they are more than perfect for one another. Soul mates if you would ask her.

Nothing and no one from her past could even top everything that Camila has ever done for her. They've been through so much considering of the limited time that they got to spend with each other during the vacation.

But this, this is just the begging to a whole new life with Camila and by tomorrow morning, her girlfriend will be out of Miami and starting the life that she had always been dreaming of.

Her stomach churns as the thought of Camila leaving in the next few hours kept on running in Lauren's mind.

She stares off onto the ceiling wishing that she had the power to stop time and just have Camila wrapped up in her arms, forever.

Lauren hated change. She loathed it.

And this change that's about to come, she could only hope that it is something that's for the better. Something that she can hopefully count on.

Lauren doesn't want to lose everything that she had with Camila and the biggest leap that they are about to make could change it all.

She turns around to her side to grab her phone off her bedside table to look at the time.

4:27 am

Lauren then groans annoyed at herself not being able to get any proper sleep again. She puts her phone back down and grabs the pillow from her side and covers her face with it to let out another groan against it.

"Fucking hell." She groaned once more and pulled the pillow back down away from her face and held it against her chest.

She looks back up at the ceiling as her mind wanders off again.

~

No matter how hard Camila tried she couldn't fall asleep that very night. She has tried all possible positions around the bed to find the most comfortable one to fall asleep as fast as she can but her body just won't let her.

"You're just scared about tomorrow but you'll be fine." She tells herself, "you'll be fine." Camila turned to her side to look out her window and stared at the bright light the moon gives at that moment.

The thought of leaving tomorrow has finally hit Camila.

Everything just feels surreal at that moment, everything that has happened throughout that summer break just feels like Camila's just in her dreaming state. That one day she will wake up and none of the things that happened to her are real, that Lauren never really did existed in her life, that she's back into being the awkward and friendless teenager in high school.

A part of her hoped that it was all just a dream and that she will wake up soon and her mum will be there by her bed nagging her to get out of bed for her first day of high school, just so she could pass the idea of having to see Lauren break down tomorrow as they start to live their lives miles and miles apart.