XXVII

"Can I come with you?" Normani asked as she watches Lauren get ready for her check up with the doctor.

"I don't know..." Lauren shrugged her shoulders and put on a quick eyeliner and mascara before moving up to get her shoes from under the bed. "It's really up to you but mum and dad are coming with me so..." Lauren trailed off waiting for Normani to say something.

"Yeah, I'll go but after that can we hang out somewhere else?" She asked, Normani obviously wanting to hang out with Camila and Dinah as well to help with Lauren's memory recovery.

"Where?" Lauren asked, looking up at Normani who sat on the bed whilst Lauren finishes tying her shoelaces from the floor.

"I don't know, I'll figure it out later." She waved her hand dismissively and watched as Lauren finished tying the last hoop and getting up from her position. She then fixed her plain black shirt and pulling up the dark jeans before running her finger through her hair to get it out of her way.

Lauren sighed and grabbed her phone from the bedside table before gesturing for Normani to exit the room in order for them to get to the hospital quickly.

~

"Mila want to hang out with Normani today?" Dinah asked Camila who has her eyes fixed firmly on the book in between her hands.

Dinah heard some mumbles coming from Camila and raised an eyebrow at the smaller girl who did not avert her gaze from the book even just for a split second.

"What?" Dinah asked, still looking at Camila.

"I said whatever." Camila sighed, her eyebrows knitted together as if the part that she is reading at that moment are the most important thing at that very moment.

"Okay, we're going then." Dinah rolled her eyes and texted Normani to tell her that they should all hang out as a group once again that day.

After sending the text message, Dinah tried to annoy Camila again by sitting next to her on the floor while her friend is still in the middle of reading a book.

"Dinah please." Camila started brushing Dinah's hand away from her side while the Polynesian girl kept on poking Camila.

"Come on Mila, let's do something fun." Dinah groaned and she tried to take the book away from Camila's hands.

"I'm nearly done." Camila breathed and focused more on the book as she tried to ignore her friend more.

"Camila." Dinah groaned a lot louder this time.

Camila groaned and placed her book mark in between the pages to mark where she left off and placed the book down on the floor. She then looks at Dinah with annoyance written on her face while Dinah smiled brightly back at Camila.

"What do you want?" Camila asked, sighing loudly.

"To have some time with you." Dinah shrugged, "plus I rarely get to do that."

"Don't be over dramatic, we get to spend time everyday and it can get a little too much sometimes." Camila raises an eyebrow at Dinah.

"Don't be such a bad sport." Dinah stood up and held a hand out for Camila to take, "besides you and Lauren should start hanging out nowadays to get her memory back."

Camila looked at Dinah intently at the moment before taking the offered hand and fixed her top in place.

~

At the doctor's office, Lauren sat down between her parents while Normani waited outside for them. The doctor is still in the middle of explaining to the family about how well Lauren's recovery is and that there are no further damage that could be seen that could possibly harm Lauren in the future.