I

It's the beginning of the summer vacation. The very first day where you get to feel the warmth of the sun against your skin in a proper way. The first day of having to be able to relax properly. Most people would be going away to spend the rest of their 104 days far away as possible from all of the stress and pressure of being dragged in to something uninteresting.

Today marks the day where Camila's no longer a high school student and about the face the big world. Since the stress of getting into the specific college that she wants got the best of her, she decided to spend her whole summer over to Miami where her grandparents lives. Her parents, including little sister, Sofi are all planning to spend their summer overseas. Being all worn out, Camila decided to exclude herself from this year's annual family trip to wonderland.

"Camila! Wake up! It's officially summer!" Sofi jumped around Camila on the bed waking her instantly.

"I know but give me 5 more minutes." Camila groaned.

"No I can't because mum said that you have to get ready to go over to abuela and abuelo's." Sofi finally settled down and explained her sudden burst of energy on Camila's bed.

"But it's too early, just 5 more minutes." Camila groaned again and this time burried her face down her pillow.

"MUUUUUUM!" Sofi yelled out.

Camila didn't bother getting up even after her mum threatened to splash her with cold water.

15 minutes have passed, Camila finally got out of bed and started to get ready. After half an hour or so, she came downstairs to find the rest if family in the lounge packing their last minute essentials.

"Will you be alright?" Camila's dad, asked looking worried at Camila.

"I'll be fine dad and don't worry abuela would be there to help me out." A wide smile spread across Camila's face.

"Just give us a call if you need anything." Her mum added, handing out some money for Camila to take.

"Yes I will! Now will you guys stop worrying about me and just look forward to this year's trip!" Camila replied excitedly.

She helped her family to finalise the rest of their bags and carried it out to the back of the car. Sofi, extremely excited for the vacation that she completely forgot that Camila won't be joining them. Camila and her parents exchanged their goodbyes and Sofi giving her older sibling a big hug. Camila waved goodbye as the car drives off.

After the whole event with her family leaving, Camila's left alone by herself. She prepared some breakfast and gave Dinah a buzz. Camila's due to leave to go over to Miami in just a few hours and in between her free hours, she will be accompanied by Dinah to help her with her luggages. About 15 minutes have passed, Dinah finally shows up to her house.

"Mila!" Dinah shouted from the front door. Camila walked over to find her best friend carrying a full bag of assorted snacks.

"So since you're leaving today, I have brought you some snacks to help you keep your energy up." Dinah offered waving the bag in front of Camila to take.

"Thanks! But you know Dinah, you should just come with me over to Miami." Camila thought, leading Dinah in to the kitchen.

"I would love to but you know that relatives are coming over to spend summer with us this year." Dinah reminded Camila of their previous conversation at school.

"Sucks though, this would've been our first official summer break without stressing about college applications or school in general." Camila pointed out, as she made her way over to the refrigerator to take out cans of soda.