episode 10

2 years ago:

shadow has just defeated black doom and Chaos controlled himself back down to the planet with him deciding there and then that he would put his past behind him and start living for himself but found it hard as people and mobian's didn't accept him at the time.

months after Shadow try his hardest to ignore the ones that spat and threw insults at him every day till one day, as he was walking back home that he was sharing with Rouge after a long stressful day at G.U.N, a drunk wolf walk Infront of him in station square pushing shadow as he taunting him calling him a freak and a monster with shadow finally snapping as he fought back.

 as he almost beats the wolf, he blackout but the overwhelming smell of the wolf's blood was the last thing Shadow smelled before his mind was taken over by his own instinct.

shadow grab the wolf by the neck, lifting him up to his level with him not being able to control what he was doing as he saw he was getting closer to the wolf neck then feeling his mouth opening as he demand his own body to stop what it was about to do till he suddenly felt someone behind his telling him to stop while the stranger use his own peach arm to go against shadow fangs to stop him from biting the wolf however shadows fangs stab themselves down on the strangers arm.

shadow had a rush of the red fluid he has been craving for, gulping it down with his fangs pressing down deeper as he heard the stranger grunt in pain but it still didn't stop shadow's instinct to suck up more till he manage to get the control back in his body with someone voice sounding familiar calling out his name as he ask him to stop and snap out of it.

he stop as soon as he could with him then releasing his fangs from the peach fur arm with him then swinging round to see it was his own rival sonic standing there, holding on to his arm where shadow bit him.

'faker....I can explain'

shadow was in a panic as he saw what he has done and couldn't help feeling disgusted with himself as he try to think of a way to explain himself but sonic manage to give him a smile after he made a sigh of relief.

'thank chaos your back to your senses, I thought you were a goner when I saw your eyes glowing like that'

'my eyes?......never mind that why the hell are you here?'

'I saw you from the distance and headed over here to ask if we can race but I saw you strangling that wolf after you and him was fighting and I had to step in when I saw your eyes glowing like that and  you was about to bite him'

'by using your own arm to stop me!'

'I did try calling your name but you weren't listening to me so I had to do something'

'tsk.....damn it, why the hell do I have to crave for this when it only makes me sick just thinking about draining eating like that'

shadow wanted to throw up all the blood he just consumed but stop as sonic ask him if he was okay only for him to be dumbfounded on why the teen would ask him that

'I should be asking you that faker'

'oh me I'm fine you know I had worst than this in my life, but can you do me one little favour and help me get home...I'm kind of dizzy'

shadow saw that sonic was telling him the truth as sonic started leaning to one side with shadow then grabbing him and agreeing quickly out of guilt but look back at the wolf who was out cold on the floor saying he should get someone to help him but to his surprise sonic said

'nah, don't worry about him, he was drunk and he did insult you so he deserved it besides those injuries are not life threating so he should be fine'

'that's strange coming from you'

'well it's true, but we should get out of here before someone see's you and put two and two together'

shadow agreed as he pulled out an emerald and chaos controlled outside of sonic home where he knew the teen lived with sonic thanking him as he ask shadow to come in for a moment.

shadow knew sonic would ask him about his problem and decided it would be best to tell him as he did owe him one for saving him from killing the wolf with him then entering and sitting on the couch that sonic told him to go while sonic went to the small kitchen and came back with a medical kit.

he sat down next to shadow with him then pulling out a bandage and proceed to wrap it around the bite mark as he ask shadow why he went like that with shadow taking a deep breath and explain everything to him.

---

'so basically you are half black arms and you need to feed on a living creature's blood but you have been ignoring your cravings till now when your body was forcing you to take the wolf's blood'

'that's right but after what I did tonight, it just shows that I won't be able to stop myself next time'

shadow was thinking of the worst as he put his head down in shame, saying he was a disgusting freak and now agrees with every mobian that despise him for being created as he ask the teen why did he have to be hated so much when he saved them from black doom and is trying his best to live a life for himself without harming anyone.

shadow was breaking down before sonic eyes with the teen hugging him tightly to get him to stop spraying the hatful words out of his mouth about himself when he shouted to shadow to stop.

'listen to me shadow you are not a monster or anything else they call you....your shadow the hedgehog the one that kept his promise to maria and the one that saved all of us from black doom and also the one that fights by my side when I can't handle the fights with all the new enemies that comes around.....those morons don't see the good in you but I can and you should be more proud of yourself for who you are, not dwell on what they call you'

shadow was silent as sonic held him for a while with sonic then feeling shadow hug him back before he mumbled a thank you to the teen making sonic smile.

'all better now shadz'

'yea....I should be going home now'

sonic stop shadow from standing with the teen saying to shadow

'about this blood issue.....if you need it then take it from me but in return you must promise me that you will only take mine and nobody else'

shadow look down to the ground a he thought about it for a moment till he nodded in agreement with sonic letting him go as he said goodnight to him before shadow left.