Chapter 3: Someday

The next day at school was the day of the pep rally, so Alexandra was dressed in her cheer uniform as she ran over to Bucky as he walked towards the entrance of the school

"Hey! Hey!" Alexandra called out as she ran over to Bucky.

"Hey, what's up, cuz?" Bucky asked Alexandra with a smile on his face.

"Zombies are students at Seabrook too, Bucky." Alexandra told Bucky softly, causing him to give her a look. "Picking on them isn't right."

"Zombies distract people from what's really important." Bucky scoffed as he looked over his shoulder at some of the zombies who were walking into their entrance of the school. "Like cheer, us... me."

"But we can't go around tormenting them." Alexandra told Bucky softly as she shook her head a little.

"It's best if you don't question things." Bucky told his little cousin seriously as he pushed some of her hair behind her ear. "Pep rally today, cuz. You're gonna rock it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After leaving Bucky, Alexandra knew she had to find Zed to apologize to him, so she quickly walked down to the basement where she knew that they placed the zombies. She opened the door to their "classroom" and walked into the room.

"Hey, wha- there's no human students in the basement." the teacher/janitor called out when he saw Alexandra standing there in the doorway, causing everyone to turn to Alexandra in shock.

"Uh, someone yakked in the cafeteria." Alexandra quickly lied, so that the teacher would leave so that she could talk to Zed.

"Oh, right." the teacher said in realization to himself. "Still the janitor."

"Wow. This is... awful." Alexandra said softly while shaking her head as Zed walked over to her with his friends trailing him.

"Yeah, we would have cleaned but the teacher is territorial about his mop." Zed's girl friend said sarcastically with a fake smile.

"Sorry." Alexandra apologized sheepishly as she held the door open for the teacher as he walked by with the mop bucket.

"It's fine." the teacher said glumly as he left the room.

"Alexandra, what're you doing here?" Zed asked Alexandra seriously as she looked up at him hesitantly.

"Apologizing." Alexandra said genuinely with a soft smile. "My cousin, he's a jerk about zombies and last night was cheer initiation. Not that that's a good excuse. I'm so sorry."

"Well, what if Bucky sees us talking?" Zed asked Alexandra, worried about what could happen to them.

"We'll make sure he doesn't." Alexandra assured Zed with a chuckle, causing Zed to give her a hopeful smile. "Uh, see you at the pep rally this afternoon?"

"Zombies don't do pep rallies." Zed's girl friend cut in as if it were obvious, causing Alexandra and Zed to glance over at her. Alexandra lost her smile and nodded in understanding as she looked down at the ground, causing Zed to shoot a look at his friend.