Chapter 6: Flesh and Bone

The next day before school, Alexandra sat at the table in her kitchen with Addison and her parents

The next day before school, Alexandra sat at the table in her kitchen with Addison and her parents. Alexandra sat directly across from her parents with Addison sitting right next to her, both of them happily eating their breakfast. Their parents were about to take a bite out of their breakfast before stopping and realizing that Alexandra was wearing a different kind of outfit compared to what she usually wears.

"So." Missy stated awkwardly as she and Dale put their spoons down, causing Alexandra to glance over at her while she continued to eat. "New look?"

"I like it." Alexandra shrugged with a grin. "My new friends like it."

"Did you join a, um, rock band?" Dale asked Alexandra, causing her to give him a weird look before going back to her breakfast. Breakfast continued in silence, before the twins went to school while their parents went to their jobs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 At school the twins split up, Addison going to her locker while Alexandra walked through the hallways confidently, looking for Zed.

"It's election day, Seabrook!" Principal Lee said happily over the loudspeaker. "We have an assembly to hear from our presidential candidates, and it is going to be so good to see you all."

Alexandra smirked as she walked through the halls, feeling everyone looking at her in shock.

"Ugh. Whoa!" Lacey exclaimed in disgust as she stood up from the table she, Stacey, and JC were sitting at. "Bad hair day?"

"Bad hair life?" Stacey added in disgust as she and JC stood up from the table as well and looked Alexandra over in disgust.

"I think it looks great." Alexandra defended herself, not really caring what the Aceys thought anymore.

"Yeah, not so much." JC stated while he, Lacey, and Stacey snapped their fingers at the exact same time.

"Alexandra, if you ever expect to be cheer captain..." Lacey started to say before Alexandra interrupted her.

"Well, maybe I don't.Maybe cheer team isn't for me after all." Alexandra exclaimed, causing the Aceys to gasp as they looked at her in shock before walking away from her.

"Alexandra!" Zed exclaimed as he quickly ran up to Alexandra, causing her to turn and look at him. "I was up all night thinking. You're not a werewolf, you can't be."

"But I love moonlight strolls." Alexandra reminded Zed.

"Yeah, you like sunsets too." Zed shrugged his shoulders. "That doesn't mean you're a vampire."

"Zed..." Alexandra sighed.

"Look. It's really hard being considered a monster." Zed informed Alexandra, not wanting her to go through what he has gone through his whole life. "Trust me."

"All I've ever wanted is to find my pack. And now I finally have." Alexandra told Zed seriously before opening the box that Willa gave her the night before and showing it to Zed, causing him to grab the box gently. "When I see the wolves, I'm going to put this on. And I'm really sorry I can't make the debate, but I need to find the wolves." Alexandra quickly pulled Zed into a hug before pulling back and looking at Zed with a soft smile. "Good luck." Alexandra started to walk away before remembering that Zed still had the box. She quickly walked back over and grabbed the box from Zed. "Whoops, almost forgot. You'll do great, Zed."