Chapter 3: Meeting the Wolves

The next day at school, Alexandra was walking down the hallway with Zed while holding hands

"I really thought we'd all be at the Prawn together." Alexandra said while shaking her head as they passed the hallway that had the pictures of the past Prawn King and Queens. "I thought Seabrook could change."

"It did." Zed quickly said as they came to a stop and he turned to look at Alexandra. "Believe me, I will find a way to get us to the Prawn."

"Or we could miss it together." Alexandra suggested with a smile.

"I'm not letting you miss the Prawn." Zed immediately shook his head.

"If you can't go, I'm not going." Alexandra told Zed in response.

"Well, I like you too much not to let you go." Zed quickly shook his head.

"Well, I like you too much to leave you behind." Alexandra shot back quickly. "I am so not going."

"Ugh, you guys even fight like a perfect couple." Eliza complained as she walked up to the couple, causing Alexandra and Zed to laugh.

"How's it going, Eliza?" Alexandra asked Eliza with a smile.

"You know, fighting injustice is keeping me busy." Eliza said as she pretended to flip her hair over her shoulder.

"And looking good doing it, Zom-bae." Alexandra laughed as she and Eliza did their handshake.

"Alexandra!" the three heard Bucky call out, causing them to turn and see him standing there across the hallway with JC. "Time to officially nominate me as president."

"Cheer could be so much more than just pom-pomming for Bucky." Alexandra rolled her eyes as they watched Bucky walk away.

"Uh, Alexandra?" Lacey called out as she and Stacey walked over to them, causing Alexandra to turn and look at them, seeing Lacey standing there with her hands on her hips while Stacey crossed her arms over her chest. "Once we're cheer captain, you are so off the team."

"And when I'm cheer captain, you'll be welcome to stay because I'll be making cheer about bringing people together." Alexandra said with a smile, even though she would really love to get rid of them.

"That was awful trash talk." Stacey laughed as she and Lacey smirked at each other.

"I know, right?" Lacey laughed. "You will never be

cheer captain, freak."

"See ya." Alexandra told Zed and Eliza while being pulled away by Lacey and Stacey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After leaving Zed and Eliza, the two girls pulled Alexandra to the lobby of the school where they were holding the nominations ceremony for student body president. Alexandra stood in between Addison and Bree in front of the stage as they cheered and waved their pom poms while they listened to Principal Lee.