☁️/💔Mick Schumacher - Crash

~Loosely based around Mick's Saudi crash in 2022~

831 Words

_______________________________________

I was standing in the HAAS Garage at the Saudi Arabian GP. I watched as Mick drive that absolute tractor to a purple sector 1 and 2. He was setting the best times in quali with the worst car on the grid. As he neared the final corners he caught the kerb way to much and went flying into the barriers.

"Ahhhhh" I yelp. I just want to hear his voice. The car has fallen apart. This crash looks really bad.

"Mick, can you hear me?" asks his engineer. "Mick? Are you ok?". A pained groan comes through the radio. "Yeah, I think so" comes the response. 

He slowly climbs out of the car. He seems fine but I know that even if he's physically fine, he'll be really mad at himself. I start walking toward the medical centre wanting to see if he's ok.

"Hi, can I see Mick Schumacher please?" I ask the attendant. "He's just getting a scan but you can sit here until he's done and ready for visitors". I thank the person and wait for a few minutes before they say he's ready to see me.

I walk in and I see him lying in the bed. His eyes are puffy and droopy. "Hey babe" I say quietly not wanting to startle him. He responds with a quiet "Hi" and a half smile. I sit next to his bad and hold his hand. He looks so tired. "How are you feeling" I ask. "My head hurts, apparently I have a pretty severe concussion, so it makes sense" he says, turning his head to look at me. "Aww sweetie, do you need anything?". "I mean I wouldn't say no to a kiss" he jokes. I give him a peck on the lips and smile at him. 

"Do you remember what happened?" I ask, wanting to know just how bad it was. "Kind of. I went to wide into the turn and then I was in the wall and now I'm here. It's all a bit blurry though". "Alright that's ok, at least you didn't lose consciousness". We sit and talk for a bit longer before Lance and Esteban come in, followed by a slightly more collected Seb.

"Are you ok?", "What happened?", "Can you still race?". Questions are hurled at the poor man. I can tell he is overwhelmed and the noise is only making his head hurt more. I hold his hand tighter, rubbing circles into his palm as Seb and I get his friends to relax. "I'm fine" he mumbles.

Seb sits next to him and the boys get rounded up by their PR managers after a quick check, ready for post-quali interviews and press conferences. Seb has already finished his and Britta lets him stay a while longer. We talk for a bit until I notice Mick's eyes starting to water. "Baby, are you alright? Does it hurt?". He shakes his head and says through quiet tears how bad he feels for ruining the car and how mad he is with himself. Eventually, Seb speaks up, "How many crashes do you think your dad had?". Mick shrugs. "I don't know". "Well I can tell you that a crash like this wouldn't be surprising. If you are setting times like that, on a track like this, it is so easy for mistakes to happen. You were trying your best and for that we are all proud of you. I know for a fact that your dad is proud of you too." After talking to Seb for a bit longer, Mick seems much less stressed and more calm. He still isn't allowed to sleep because it's unsafe with a concussion (This is true, please don't try to sleep to recover from a concussion, it is super dangerous)but I try my best to keep him engaged. 

"Is there anything you need? Have you had anything to drink yet?" I pass him his water bottle as he takes a sip before responding, "I just need a hug". I climb in to the bed with him. Pulling his body against mine. I mutter sweet nothings to him as a rub his back. I can tell how much the crash has hurt his confidence. 

After a while the nurse come in and says we can go back to the hotel. He only has to say up a little longer, tiredness consuming him. It has been a long and rough day for him.

Once we get back, it has been long enough that he can sleep again. I help him get changed and we crawl in to bed. Resting his head on my chest, he mumbles an "I love you" before succumbing to the back rubs and warmth, falling asleep almost instantly.

_______________________________________

~Hiii~

This was my first ever oneshot. Please be nice. I would love constructive criticism. Also do you guys want 1st person or 3rd person? I just kinda guessed for this one

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)