☁️Charles Leclerc - Holidays

Requested by: notlandonorris

750 Words

_____________________________

It was Christmas time and you were on a trip in Australia with Charles and his family. You had rented out a large boat for the weekend. With the warm weather, you all decide that the best way to cool down would be to get in the water for a swim. 

You went off the shore with the group and once you are far enough into clear waters you all put on your bathing suits and hop into the water. Charles was about to get in when your daughter ran up to him and stood on his lap. "Jules? I wanted to get into the water." He whines. She stays right where she is, pinning him to the sofa and keeping him from leaving.

He doesn't have the heart to kick her off so he ends up sitting there and playing with her for a while, as everyone else files into the cold, clear water. She just stands there, doing a little dance with dada's lap as he helps by waveing her arms around. She collapses into laughter on his chest and he holds her so gently, running his hands through her thin hair. 

"Char? Are you coming in?" You call from the water. He is getting very hot as the day goes on but he doesn't want to upset Jules. "I'm not sure, Jules doesn't seem likes she wants to."

You hop out of the water and on to the boat, picking up your daughter. "Hey darling, want to come for a swim." She wiggles around in your arms until you put he down and slowly walks up to the side of the boat, inspecting the water. "Ya." She responds and waddles over to where the life jackets are kept, trying to grab at her small one. You laugh and walk over to help her while Charles gets into the water.

"Arms up sweetie" She lifts her arms and slides into the device. She now looks a bit like a neon marshmallow, making her even more doted on by the wags of the family. She now has her eyes set on the water so with all the little pace she can develop, she 'runs' to the side of the boat.

Before she jumps off, she looks down and realises that the floor of the boat is quite far above the water. She freezes at the edge and goes fully rigid. "What's wrong darling?" Charles asks from where he is now in the water. "Scary." she says.

Charles's heart melts and pity overtakes him. He opens his arms wide, "Jump into papa's arms and I'll catch you." She considers it for a moment but shakes her head. "Don't want hurt you." Is her reasoning. He laughs and decides to try a different approach.

"If you come in you can play with Uncle 'Thur." He bribes. This one she really considers, looking over at Arthur for a moment, before shaking her head. "Too far." Both Charles and Arthur laugh at that one, which Jules takes great confusion and offense to. 

Charles offers that she doesn't need to come into the water at all but she is adamant that she wants to swim despite the issues you are having in getting her into the water. "Want swim!" She declares, getting frustrated that she isn't in the water yet.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Charles asks exasperated, rapidly running out of ideas. Her face lights up and she nods. "Ya!" The whole crew of family in the water are now watching the interaction and all laugh heartily at Jules's antics. 

Charles swims to the side of the boat and pulls him sefl up to the first rung of the ladder, opening one arm out towards the child and allowing her to walk into his hold, gripping her arms around the back of his neck. 

He slowly lowers her into the water and she immediately wiggles her way out of his grasp, moving towards Arthur. She grabs on and the play around, both laughing constantly.

Eventually everyone gets tired and decides to come back onto the boat. Platters are bought out for lunch and Jules finally misses you and Charles enough to sit with you while you eat in the summer sun, resting against the side of the boat.

Charles looks at his family and it all feels right. His girls by his side in the summer sun's light.

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

Weow, poetry in the last line!? Anyways, hope you liked it. Still working through requests so keep sending them in, just know that I'm going in order of inspo, not submission.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)