☁️Marcus Armstrong - Papa's Favourite

850 Words

_____________________________

Marcus was about to head out of the RV in the Indy Paddock to do autographs, when his little girl ran up to him. "Daddy, can I come with you?" She asks, not wanting to be away from him. Marcus was absolutely wrapped around her finger so he responded "There isn't much for you to do there but I don't think you'll get in trouble for being there." Satisfied that Uncle Callum or one of the other drivers would keep her entertained, she holds his hand as they walk to the autograph session together. 

When they arrive she immediately abandons her father to run into Callum's waiting arms. "Hello there, muppet! What are you doing here." Marcus has brought her to enough races to know that she will come back to him eventually once Callum has tired her out. She spent a while sitting on his lap and putting love hearts next to some of the signatures he gave out. 

Once she started leaning against Cal's chest he decided it was time for her to be returned to her father. He picks her up, "Come on, muppet, you should go get some rest." Marcus hears him coming and turns around. "Hey darling, finally returning?" She just nods and wraps his arm around him as Callum puts her down. "Bye mate." He says to Marcus who responds with a handshake. "Almost done darling, I'm allowed to leave in 15 minutes but you can go back to mum if you want." She shakes her head and leans closer into him. He laughs and puts an arm around her, however inconvenient that is as he gives out signatures. 

~~

The next public appearance she makes is on a episode of Screaming Meals. You had some errands to run and she had no interest in joining you, instead opting to join Clem, James and Dad on an episode. You'd made it very clear that the swearing and drinking was to be kept to a strict minimum and Marcus didn't want to toe the line at all so he kept his mouth shut and dry.

"I would like to introduce our special guest of the episode, Miss Armstrong-Y/L/N" She smiled widely and waved to the camera, trying to figure out how the microphone worked.

She told some of her stories from karting and also gave a very in depth review of some fruit juice they'd secured in place of wine as per usual. The fans loved it and absolutely melted when she kept swapping between laps, giving everyone a chance to spend some time with her. Clem and James were both paying more attention to her than to Marcus for most of the episode but he didn't mind, he was glad that she had so many people who loved her.

~~

The most recent appearance she had was with both you and Marcus. You'd gone out to watch her race, it was nothing to serious, she was too young for that but she was trying her best. That was until a boy pushed her off track as she went for what should have been an easy over take sending her into the barriers, hard. You let out a small scream from where you were watching and Marcus, whose hand was resting in yours suddenly gripped yours until it turned white.

She ran off the track and behind the barriers while one of the marshals came to help her. You saw the exit they were taking her out of and made a beeline for it. She walked out crying, holding her left arm tight to her body. As soon as she saw the two of you she sprinted into his arms first. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone for that gap." He wraps his arms tightly around her, without touching the sore spot. "I'm very proud of you and that wasn't your fault." Once Marcus has given her a kiss, and taken off her helmet, she goes over to you. She melts into your arms, resting her head on your chest while Marcus slowly starts taking off the suit to look at her arm.

You decide it is best to get to a more secluded area so you walk to the tent set up for your kart which is deserted as everyone is either racing or watching the racing. You sit down in the corner, leaning against one of the shelving units and open your arms, inviting her to sit on your lap. "Dad's going to have a little look at your arm to make sure it's ok. Is that alright?" She nods as she looks away. Marcus gently moves the sleeve. "Does this bit hurt?" He says as he applies gentle pressure to a few different spots. You come to the conclusion that it's nothing you can't fix at home with some ice or a heat pack, although she puts up a convincing case with the puppy dog eyes to get some chocolate too.

Marcus couldn't resist and before you know it you've stopped off at a gas station for some ice-cream with a no longer crying toddler. 

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

Still low on time so the content stays mediocre. I love Marcus so much so here is some dad Marc for your Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping and praying that third time's a charm and this time it doesn't glitch the upload.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)