☁️Lando Norris - Dad Duties

740 Words

Also there's a playlist if you want it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6hkpLJ3T18r9i0sB265dV3?si=ca24796fc45c440d

__________________________________

You and Lando were laying in bed exhausted. You'd both been busy and now you had the opportunity to sleep in. Before you could fully appreciate and capitalise on this rare occasion, your four year old daughter came barging into your room. She jumped onto Lando who was already slightly awake. "Daddy, it's late. When are you and mummy going to get up. I'm bored." Lando laughed, "Sweetie it's seven in the morning. It's not late. Come on I'll come downstairs and we'll let mummy sleep for a bit, ok?" Your daughter was perfectly happy with this proposal and let out an excited little squeal before jumping off the bed and running downstairs. 

Lando sat up and braced himself for the day. He looked at you sleeping peacefully and fell in love with you all over again. The way you wrapped yourself up in the sheets, the little stretch marks on your body from carrying the bundle of joy, the stressless face you wore, you simply couldn't be more perfect to him. 

Impatiently your daughter stomped back in, very unimpressed by Lando's lack of punctuality to the tea party waiting downstairs. "Daddy, why are you soooo slow." She whined. "I'm sorry princess, I'm coming with you now, ok?" Lando chuckled at her. She clearly inherited your lack of patience.  Approvingly, your daughter took his hand and dragged him out into the hallway, marching him down to her mini table. "You are having a tea party with me."

The table had two very small chairs pulled out next to it and displayed a spread of cups and saucers with some biscuits from the kitchen layed out. "Wow, did you set all of this up?" She nodded, a huge smile on her face as she pulled out a seat for Lando, pointing to it "Sit." she orders. They sit and Lando plays along, as she treasures every moment with him, missing him through the racing season. 

After a while she starts to lose interest. Lando notices and asks if she wants to go outside. She agrees and goes to get her favourite plushie. "Daisy Duck wants to go outside too". She explains to Lando who just laughs and plays along. He opens the door to the back garden and runs to the backyard. After a few deliberations they decide to play chasey. They dart around after each other, Lando going easy on her. They are laughing so hard and having an absolute blast. Lando catches her and tickles her sides, she shouts and falls to the ground laughing harder than ever before. He takes Daisy Duck and starts tickling her with that. She begs and pleads to be released, Lando sees this as an opportunity. "If you want to be released then you need to promise to be nice to mummy all day when she gets up". "Ok, ok I promise. I pinky promise" she gets out between laughs. Satisfied, Lando releases her and she wacks him on the leg, "YOU'RE IT!" she squeals.

Hearing the noise from outside, you get up and look out of the window to see your beautiful husband and daughter playing in the garden. You know how much they miss each other throughout the year and to see them happily in each other's company was like no other feeling. You watched for a few minutes before changing into some warmer clothes and walking outside. 

Your daughter ran up to you and hugged around your legs. "Mummy! You're up!" She smiles at you. "Also you're it." She says before running off into the corner and laughing at you. "Well that was an interesting reception!" you say to Lando who has now come and given you a peck on the lips. He laughs at your joke. "You feeling better after a sleep-in?" he queries. "So much better. Thanks for looking after her while I slept." "It's an honour" he responds. He pulls you into a kiss. "Daddy! Stop biting mummy. She's tagged you now!" your daughter shouts from across the garden. "I guess you are it now." you respond to him before running off. "You get back here!" he shouts as he sprints after you. 

That morning was one of the most perfect mornings of your life.

__________________________________

~Hiiiii~

I found this photo on pinterest and I couldn't help it. Anyways I hope you liked some slightly less sad Lando content. I would still love requests! I have some drafts that I'll try to finish before I go back to school. Also we passed 250 reads!!!! Thank you so much everyone.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)