☁️Frederik Vesti - Mum Hugs

Inspired by this post ^

800 Words

_____________________________

Fred had taken your three kids out this morning to let you have some sleep and a bit of time to yourself. You'd taken the opportunity to get on top of the housework but also to relax a bit.

It was getting around midday when you hear the car pull up to your gravel driveway. Walking toward the door to let them in, you see Fred hop out of the car and open the door for your two older kids and then walk around to the other side to pick up your youngest who was still trying to figure out how to extract himself from the carseat. As he was putting your little boy onto the ground he shouted "WHO CAN GO HUG MUM THE FASTEST!" and instantly, the children were sprinting towards the house and barely slowing down as they approach the door. In the nick of time you open it before you are stampeded by your children, the youngest waddling along a bit later. "Hello my darlings!" You say laughing at their enthusiasm as they wrap their arms around you. 

Fred follows behind after locking the car and joins the little group hug by slowly wrapping his hands around your waist from behind and placing a gentle kiss on your cheek. The kids eventually move away, their attention spans craving something new, while you sit on the couch with Fred. "Thanks for taking them out this morning." You tell him as you shuffle closer to his side. "It's always a pleasure skat (darling)."

As the day wears on you have errands to run and things to do but the entire time Fred is there with you and eventually the kids tire themselves out enough to join in on a calm movie night. Finding a movie that both the children and parents can handle has always been a small challenge but an animated Disney film seems to do the trick as the kids come and settle down in the living room, scattering themselves on the couch and onto spots on the floor.

After about half the movie, you notice one of you girls getting restless, you reach out to pat her gently on the back, "You ok? Do you want to cuddle?" Immediately, her face lights up and she jumps up onto the couch settling into your side. "Hey, that's not fair!" Pipes up your eldest, seemingly unimpressed at not being afforded such luxuries as what they liked to call 'Mummy Cuddles' or 'Mum Hugs'. You respond with "Well lucky for you I have two arms." He seizes that opportunity like a chance to go karting, instantly jumping up and snuggling into your unoccupied side. You look over at Fred who has your 1 year old laying on his chest and give him a small smile seeing all your kids satisfied.

Now that all of your children are happily snuggled into one of their parents, everyone quiets down a bit and returns their focus to the movie for its final minutes. Once the movie finishes, you look down at your children and notice that they don't have clear intentions on moving anytime soon. "Come on it's bedtime now." You say quietly, hoping not to startle them or pull them too far from the grips of sleep. Slowly succumbing to the sleepiness, they pull their bodies off the couch and walk off to bed with you following closely behind, your youngest still in Fred's arms. 

Once they are tucked in and given their bedtime kisses from both you and Fred, you put the youngest in her cot and retreat to your room together, making a break for it before they attempt to wriggle out of their beds and come chasing after you for another hug or kiss.

You and Fred get changed and ready for bed and plop yourselves down into the covers, your head resting on his chest. He presses a soft kiss to your head. "You're such a good mother to them." He whispers into the silence. "Well the little one was looking rather happy on your chest during that movie." You counter. A comfortable silence ensues before it is broken by a gentle mumble from a sleepy Fred.

"I'm so glad that I get to have a family with you."

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

Sorry that I left this book to fizzle out for like a month, i got tired, and sick, and busy, and very uninspired.

I have a few requests that I promise i'm getting to but it's been a bit rough so ye, i promise i have the requests on my notes and i will post them whenever i can.

Also, 10k reads. wtaf. i love you guys so much and seeing how much you guys like my writing really keeps me going so thank you so much

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)