💔Lando Norris - Panic Attacks

1010 Words

______________________________________

Lando was in his first year of formula 1. He was living his dream but at the same time, F1 seemed to have a lot more pressure than F2 did, and it was starting to get to him.

We were in the car on the way to the track and Lando was being a lot quieter than usual. I put my hand on his leg to get his attention. "You ok baby? You seem a bit quiet." I quiery. "I'm fine" he responds deadpan. He kept his eyes on the road, his hands gripping the steering wheel. His last race hadn't gone well and he was obviously worried that the reputation he'd only just built would be damaged. The last few days in the lead up to race weekend, he was talking about it way less than normal. Normally he would tell me about every time he raced there and what he thought of the track, but not this week. I knew he would be a bit nervous but he was far too tense for my liking.

We show up to the paddock and get in without too many people in our way. We walk hand in hand toward George and Alex. I get swept up talking to Lily (Alex's gf for anyone who's new) until Lando squeezes my hand. I look at him and see him biting his lip and his eyes full of tears. Soon enough we are getting near the McLaren garage so I pull him in to his driver's room without a goodbye to the group.

He starts gasping for air and falls onto the couch. I crouch in front of him. "Hey baby, can you hear me?" He doesn't seem to register me talking. His eyes are glazed over and darting around the room. I crouch in front of him and hold his hands tight. At this point his breathing is rapid and sweat covers his face. He's had attacks before but not this bad. "Nothing else matters okay, all that matters is breathing" I say slowly and calmly. I look at him, lifting my hands in time with my exaggerated breathing, hoping he'll follow. Tears fall down his face as he finally looks at me. His breathing begins to slow down. I keep moving his hands in time with my breathing and soon enough he begins to relax.

I grab his drink bottle and sit next to him on the couch. Pulling him into my side. The attack has taken a lot out of him, I can tell. I pass him the bottle and he takes a few sips as I rub his back and mutter sweet nothings into his ear. He lets out a strangled sob. "I'm sorry" he mutters. "Oh sweetheart, it's not your fault. You didn't want this to happen." He seems so empty. "You wanna talk about it?". He takes a deep breath and says, "I'm scared they'll fire me, I'm too young and they took a chance on me but I've thrown it away and they want me to be hauling in points and not crashing the car and I'm letting down Carlos and he's doing well but I'm not and Zak can't keep saving me from criticism, and I should be doing better and we're enough races in that I have experience. And I just... I'm a disappointment." he lets out in a single rushed breath. The tears start pouring from his eyes. I pull him into my body, "Baby, you aren't going to lose your seat. You're an amazing driver and you're a rookie. Carlos loves you and he doesn't mind that you need time to start getting more points. It takes time to adjust to a new car and a whole new series."

We talk some more before there is only a bit of time until the race. "Alright, it's time for you to get ready, I don't want to get in the way but just know, I'm proud of you, I love you, and I believe in you, ok?" He leans in and gives me a gentle kiss. "Thank you so much baby." And with that I leave to go sit in the hospitality and watch the race.

On the way out I tell Jon (His trainer for anyone who doesn't know) to go easy on him today. As I'm about to walk upstairs, George and Alex come up to me obviously confused about our last interaction. "Is Lando ok? He left in a right hurry" asks George. "Yeah, he's fine. He's a bit stressed and tired. Just gotta be a bit gentle with him for a while". They nod in understanding before saying thanks and heading off to get ready themselves.

I watch the race from the hospitality and see him cross the line in P4, pulling in a good few points for the team. I cheer for him and go downstairs waiting for him in the driver's room. After a couple minutes he runs in, knowing I'll be there waiting for him and pulls me into a massive hug. "Thank you" he whispered into my ear. We pull away and sit down on the couch. "What are you thanking me for, I didn't drive that car" I say while fixing his horrific helmet hair. "Maybe not but you're the reason I could even get into the car." We sit in each other's embrace for the next few minutes before Charlotte (His PR Manager) knocks and tells Lando to hurry up and get changed for the post-race interviews. He gives me a peck on the cheek and heads off to the media-pen.

That night at the hotel we sit together, watching a movie, hot chocolates in hand and everything was perfect. Just me and the love of my life

______________________________________

~Hiiii~

So do you guys like this style? Angsty fluff? I did 1st person again but I'm not sure what I prefer. I'm on holidays rn so I'll be updating a bit, I mostly just need ideas.

Feel free to dm or comment any requests

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)