💔Jak Crawford - Who's Fault

Requested by: -MARSIN

1050 Words

Warning: Swearing, shouting (idk what else, let me know)

_____________________________

This was the worst race of your life. Mainly because it was all going to be worse once you get off the track.

Jak and you were locked in a fierce battle fro the final podium position in Spa when you saw a gap and went for it. You brake super late, putting all of your force into it when you feel your rear right wheel lock. You manage to still turn the car around the corner but the rear left gets rammed by Jak who had made the worst defensive move he could muster. In the effort for you to gain the spot and for him to retain the spot, you had collided and been left with significant damage. 

"What the fuck is she doing!"

"What was hell was he thinking!"

The two radio messages sent at the same time, both of you focused on the other's mistake. Both of you end up having to pit, with your left rear punctured and his front wing dented. In such a close field, the extra pit stop spells the end of any podium chances, demoting you to a battle for points. 

"That's P8 Jak"

"That's P9 Y/N"

Both of you had got out of your cars with fury in your veins. You decided it was best to go to your driver's room and calm down before you even tried to talk to Jak, but he had different ideas. 

As soon as you had gone into your room, there was a banging on the door. It was probably your engineer or trainer and you couldn't care less, wanting only to lay down and pretend you hadn't made that mistake. But the knocking came again. You could only bear the noise for so long before you got up and marched to the door. Whipping it open, you glare into the visitor's eyes.

"Go away Crawford."

You calling him by his last know stung more than he would ever care to admit but he wouldn't dare show it right now. With no regard for your orders he steps closer. 

"What the hell were you thinking! There was no gap and you were guaranteed to lock up if you try and brake that late in these cars! But of course why be logical when you can completely destroy someone else's race! Huh, seems like you don't really care about anyone else's race Y/L/N."

"I do care but there was a gap! Until you closed it on me at the last second when I was already wheels in front and how am I meant to know the brakes behave like that! Unlike you I'm in my first season with these cars and my car doesn't handle half as well as yours and my team won't fix it half as well as yours does so i think you should be grateful you still got points considering you made such a terrible defensive move!"

You push him towards the door and as soon as it closes behind him, you reach up to lock it, putting an end to the discussion until you went back to the hotel tonight.

After the debriefs and all the media work you were absolutely exhausted and the idea of falling into Jak's arms as he ran his fingers through your hair and rubbed your back sounded like absolute heaven but you couldn't bear to see him that mad at you again. Every time you travelled you both booked a room but most of the time only one would be used, except tonight. Tonight, you were in your own room, alone. You and Jak had always agreed that what happens on track would always stay on track but it hasn't and now you had no idea what to do. You guys were good at resolving conflicts and Jak knew you were a chronic overthinker so he never let a disagreement drag on, but today he had lashed out and and you lashed out right back at him. You sat on you bed, wishing you hadn't gone for the gap and had just let Jak take the podium but now you had to deal with the consequences of your mistake.

As tears continued to roll down your cheeks, eventually you decided it was best to try and sleep before your flight tomorrow. Your flight with Jak tomorrow

~🎶Lazy Author time skip🎶~

You woke up the next morning to the deafening silence of loneliness. Every part of your body wanted to lean over and bury your head in Jak's chest to dull out the sound of the alarm until it turned off but you were met with an entire, cold comforter of no one. With no way out of it, you packed up, got ready and then made your way to the airport for your flight. 

As your board the plane, you see Jak already at your seats. He slides into the aisle, out of everyone's way and waits for you. He grabs your carry-on baggage and puts it in the overhead storage for you just like normal, except this wasn't normal. You'd slept alone last night and your post race celebrations together consisted only of shouting and anger. That was as far from normal as you could get.

You sit in the window seat, him in the middle as per your tickets. Before the plane takes of, Jak rests his hand on the armrest, brushing against yours. He looks at you and giving you plenty of time to pull away, holds your hand.

"I'm sorry. I know I messed up yesterday and I was so mad that a ignored that you didn't get point or a podium and you're right, I was too harsh considering you are still adjusting to these cars. I really hope you can forgive me, I hated sleeping alone last night and I can only handle so much teasing from Clem and Marcus about how sad I am without you."

"I'm also sorry and I shouldn't have gone for the gap. I also hate sleeping alone last night."

You smile at each other and finally you get to fall into his touch. God you'd missed him in the last few hours.

"We're really good at communication aren't we" He chuckles into your hair.

_____________________________

~Hiiiii~

I'm about to go back to school and I meant to get more done over the break but I'm getting more requests done now. I hope you enjoyed out first Jak chapter!

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)