☁️Ollie Bearman - Tired

1000 Words

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/290904457193628931/

_______________________________

Ollie was one race weekend away from finishing the season, and boy was he glad. It had been a long time since he got a proper break and the free time that the off season promised was the only thing keeping him going. He hadn't seen you this week, you had flown in this afternoon, as he was wrapping up his FP2. After spending the day racing and a far too long debrief with the engineers, he was on his way from the track toward the hotel. 

You were laying on the bed in the hotel room, trying to find a place to get dinner for you and Ollie. You had come to surprise him. He had no clue you were there because you'd come straight from the airport. You knew he was tired and he was doing really well in the championship so you wanted to be there for him. You were planning to get some dinner and have a quiet night with him.

As you continue to search the dinner options in town, he walks in the door. His eyes are barely open and a violent shade of red from an impressive case of sleep deprivation. He goes to sit on the bed and when he sees you there, in sheer shock, he just stands there frozen. "What?" he asks. "I wanted to see your last races, I know that you are really close to winning the championship and I also happen to know that you are very tired." He simply falls into your arms and holds you so tight. "Thank you for being here baby. You have no idea how much I missed you." You pull him down onto the bed and rest his head on your chest. 

"I was watching free practice, you happy with how you went?" He responds, "It was fine, I should have done better though. Also you'd better not turn this into an interview, this isn't Sky Sports." You chuckle, "I'm very sorry. I'll stop asking questions." You lay in a comfortable silence for a while longer. "Ok one more question." You pipe up. "I found a nice place to go to dinner if you want." His droopy eyes are response enough. "Orrr... we could get take-away and watch something until we fall asleep while we cuddle." He smiles. "Now you're speaking my language."

After ordering your food and it getting delivered, you settle down with your favourite series playing on his phone. You eat your food, basking in each other's company. You both have very little time together normally and to finally get to spend time together, - even while doing simple things like eating dinner and watching some Netflix - was so lovely. 

Eventually, you finished your food and snuggled down together. As much as you loved him, you had just about zero faith that he would be able to keep his eyes open and stay awake for more than the next few minutes. You went back to cuddling and he rested his head on your shoulder, you played with his hair and watched as his body released all the built up tension of the day. The poor man was still practically a kid and he had already committed and sacrificed so much to be in the sport that he was in today. You look down after mere seconds to see his eyes closed and breathing slowed. Yep, that man was fully asleep. You just smile at his adorable 'relaxed-bliss' face as you like to call it, and decided it was well time for you to get some sleep too. You settled down and dozed off.

~ this time skip brought to you by the lazy author who is writing this at midnight~

You woke up in the morning to the sound of a running shower and an empty bed. After a solid couple seconds getting your bearings you put two and two together and realised where you were, deciding to get on with your day. You had organised with Renée to watch the race from the garage today so you didn't want to be late. You organised breakfast for both you and Ollie while you packed his bag for him.

~ this time skip also brought to you by the lazy author who is writing this at midnight~

You arrive at the track and stick with Ollie while he does his warm ups before giving him a good luck kiss before he hops in the car. "I'm so proud of you no matter how you place today. Just do your best and have fun." You seal the deal with a peck on the lips and a smile. "You sound like my mum but thank you" he says before walking off. 

You watch the race with unrivalled concentration. You were so proud when he came P2, sealing him a P3 in the championship. He'd worked so hard this season and he really deserved that. You walk out to Parc Fermé and give him a big hug (like in the linked vid). You swore that no one in the world could give a better hug than that. You hold his face gently in your hands. "I know missing out on a championship hurts but I am so incredibly proud of you for getting that close and I hope you know how impressed everyone is with how well you did." He half smiles at you. "Thank you baby, I love you." You repond, "I love you too" emphasizing it with a kiss. 

Eventually, you realise that your little love bubble has been burst by Jak. "Alright you soppy love birds, we have things to do and places to be" he declares before grabbing both of your hands and dragging you to the team for photos and debriefs as you two share and embarrassed smile behind him. 

___________________________________

~Hiiiii~

Sorry that I haven't posted in literally four days. I got busy and then just kinda could be bothered and also couldn't get enough ideas to make a whole story. I still need requests because like all of my drafts are a twiddle bit mid. And mostly F2 drivers so I hope you watch F2 everyone. I did warn you that this book would be a scheduleless mess and I have stayed true to my promise.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)