☁️Frederik Vesti - Family Christmas

1000 Words

Requested by: 

__________________________

Christmas tunes rung out in your house's living room. It was just you, Fred and your beautiful son in the room. You were going over to your parents house tonight but for now it was just you and your perfect little family.

You were sitting at the christmas tree with your son on your leg with Fred sitting next to you. Your little bundle of joy was three years old and as he opened his present, his eyes widened and began glowing with joy. You'd gifted him a cubby that he'd been wanting all year and was just big enough for you to join him in so you could host a little tea party in there. He got off your lap and started jumping for joy, landing on Fred and knocking him backwards. "Thank you daddy." who simply laughed in response to his son's antics, he got off of Fred and crawled over to you. "Thank you mummy" the smile on his face was priceless. "You're very welcome darling" you respond. The fire is roaring and you are sitting in bliss. You were living the dream. The love of your life now holding your child, both beaming from ear to ear. "Ok, smile boys. Grandma wants a picture." They turn around, smiling. Fred's arm holding you little boy, dressed up in his finest Santa costume with his little hands holding Fred's leg. 

Eventually, it got boring inside so you decide to suit up and go outside to sled. There is a thick layer of snow outside and your house was on a perfect sledding hill, you just couldn't resist. The hill was just steep enough but not too steep that you would get hurt, in theory. You dragged the sled out of the garage and put it on the hill, sitting your three year old on top of it. You sent him down, with Fred at the bottom to catch him. He picked your son off the sled and run up the hill with him in his arms and the sled in tow. Fred sits at the back with your son on his lap and off they go down the hill for a few times. But after a couple good runs, it went wrong, Fred tried to stop the sled but the snow was deeper than he thought and he couldn't dig his heels in enough to stop the sled as it hurtles toward some trees. Fred falls off, managing to take the brunt of the fall protecting your kid. You run down and pick up your now crying child while looking at your husband who was relatively unscathed apart from a few spots that would definitely bruise and a couple scratches from the surrounding forestry. "Ok, lets get inside and warmed up" deciding that you'd had enough snow for the day. This suggestion being approved by both of the other parties, your son snuggling into you and nodding. You give Fred a hand up and take the sled back to the garage before going inside. You all shed the layers of warm clothing and settle down on the couch. The shock of the crash has worn off and your son escaped without harm. He is snuggled into your side, with Fred rubbing his back, head resting on your shoulder. 

The enthusiasm has died down with your husband feeling rather sore and sorry for himself while the little gremlin child is well and truly over the crash, raring to start the next activity. Resting your hand on Fred's shoulder you ask, "Are you feeling up to making the gingerbread house?" He just nods and reassures you that he's fine. Knowing that he gets worse injuries driving the car, even when he doesn't crash, you take his hand with your son already running to the kitchen. You just smile at each other, "Thank you for giving me the perfect family" he says before giving you a quick kiss and entering the kitchen.

You get out all the pre-prepared gingerbread panels and set them out with the icing and decorations, in front of your child. He just looked at it all with a mischievous glint to his eye. "Ok, we need to work together on this and be really careful. Capeesh?" "Capeesh" he affirms. 

You sit him on the counter so you can have each of you approaching from different angles. You put up the walls with very little issue but then when you try to put on the roof, the entire thing collapses. You try again and again but to no avail. Resigned, you suggest "How about we decorate the garden and then we can just eat the house." without hesitation we takes a wall and consumes a massive bite, causing you and Fred to fold in laughter. Sometimes the best option is to improvise.

You set about making patterns on the path and coving the garden in lollies. Before you look at it and decide that there is no room for more. The remnants of the house have just about disappeared and you decide to leave it alone. You pick up your son and take him to the couch, where the TV is playing the Grinch who Stole Christmas. Fred sits next to you and snakes an arm around your waist, pressing kisses to the side of your head. Your child sits in your lap with the three of you all covered in frosting and icing, but the struggle of trying to get it out is far outweighed by the great fun you had with your family that day.

_________________________

~Hiiiii~

This was my second request! I know it's not christmas and that I'm two months early for Christmas in July but I saw this photo and I couldn't resist. He's too sweet. Anyway I'm not sure how much I'll post in the next little while because it's ANZAC day tomorrow and then I have school again 🤮. I'll try my best but you might need to be pretty patient with me.

Look after yourselves, stay hydrated, I love you sm :)