4. Meeting

Mahi's POV:

I took a bath and put on my nightsuit. Even though I was not living in this house, whenever grandpa and Rohan use to visit me in Mumbai, we spend our time here so I kept some of my clothes here.

Today was definitely a hectic one, first Mom and then my professor's sudden surprise. I can't believe I have to face all this on my graduation day but finally, I can go to sleep. I love my bed the most "Good night Bubbles" I said to my plushie dolphin and drifted off hugging it tightly.

"Come on sleepy head wake up!" I heard a voice calling for me.

"What's the matter, let me sleep for god sake." Who dared to annoy me this early in the morning? I covered my face with the duvet to stop the noises and the next moment I knew I was on the ground.

"Ouch" I groaned in pain and looked at the person who dared to pull this stunt and that also when I was soundly asleep.

"What? you need princess treatment now?" Sameer scoffed plopping on the couch.

"You are dead meat now." I announced and threw a pillow toward him but he caught it before it could hit his stupid face.

"Cool down Jam I am here to fetch you, don't you remember our meeting with the show's investor today?" He asked, keeping the pillow aside.

"Oh, Shit! I totally forgot." I quickly stood up, due to yesterday's drama this thing totally slipped my mind. I quickly went towards my closet and took whatever first caught my attention.

"Chill! We have 1 more hour to go. I'll wait downstairs after all I am here for breakfast." Sameer winked at me and left the room. Jerk! I wonder how we even became friends.

I quickly took a shower and put on my blue ripped pants and a black T-shirt. I brushed my hair and didn't bother to do anything else. Now you probably know I am not the girly kinda girl.

(Mahi's outfit)

I went downstairs and saw everyone having breakfast including Sameer

I went downstairs and saw everyone having breakfast including Sameer. "Good morning" I greeted everyone and took a seat beside Rohan.

"How come everything in your wardrobe is black, blue and white only?" Rohan asked, looking at me from head to toe.

"Yea, you got a problem with that?" I raised my eyebrow at him "And I think you should shut that annoying mouth of yours." I again said, pouring orange juice into my glass.

"Whatever" he said, rolling his eyes at me and I chuckled.

"How about we go to the beach today?" Grandpa suggested putting his newspaper away.

"That's a great idea." Rohan squeed like a small kid and we all laughed.

"Count me in too!" Sameer said taking a bite of his paratha (a South Asian flatbread)

"Of course you are coming, Mahi invite Nitya also." Grandpa said, giving us his brightest smile.

Whenever Grandpa and Rohan come to Mumbai, Sameer and Nitya would visit them and then we all would hang out together all day long. The time I spend with them is priceless because they make me forget all my worries and I can enjoy to the fullest with them.

"Come on Jam, now we are getting late for the meeting." Sameer said, finishing his orange juice.

"What meeting?" My mom asked and I realized that I had not told them about my decision of pursuing music as my career.

"I decided to become a guitarist professionally and our band is going to have its first music show next month. We got an investor for our first show and we are meeting him today." I informed looking towards my grandpa.

I knew my mom would never want me to become a guitarist but instead she wants me to help dad in his business. I was never into business and music is the only thing that brings me peace. She would try to stop me but I don't care and I am not listening to her this time.

"Congratulations Di!" Rohan jumped in excitement and hugged me tightly.

"Thanks champ!" I hugged him back.

"Congratulations to both of you. I wish you all the success in the world." Grandpa smiled looking toward me and Sameer.

"Thanks Dadaji (grandfather)" Sameer replied, smiling at him.

I looked toward Mom and was surprised to see her smiling. "Congratulations guys, we should celebrate this." she said amusing all of us. I thought she would be furious after listening to me but this was quite opposite of what I expected. I know her, she is not this simple, but there is definitely something going on in her mind.

"Okay then we are leaving now." Sameer announced and stood up from his position.

"You go ahead, I will be there in a minute." Sameer left and I went upstairs to grab my bag.

I came downstairs and waved bye to Rohan and grandpa. I quickly went outside and saw Sameer waiting for me in his car. "Let's go" I said, putting the seat belt on and he started to drive.

"Where are Karan and Rishi?" I asked as they are also supposed to come with us for today's meeting.

"They will reach there directly, I already told them." Sameer said and I nodded. The car stopped and I looked out of the window. It was a big glass building, and I realized I still don't know the investor's name.

"Who is this investor?" I asked as we got down from the car and saw Rishi and Karan waiting for us.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. Our investor is Kabir Mehra, you know that famous director and producer?" Sameer answered as we entered the huge building. What? The Kabir Mehra I met yesterday? What is going on?

"He is our investor? How? I heard he is a tricky person. How he got ready to invest in our show this easily?" Many questions were popping up in my mind. This person is definitely not easy and our encounter yesterday, just thinking about it makes me restless.

"He is not only a famous director but also a successful businessman, he knows this show is going to be a success and it is going to benefit him." Samir said as we reached the reception counter.

"We are here to meet Mr. Kabir Mehra, I got a call from his secretary yesterday." Sameer said to the receptionist and she looked toward us.

"Sure, please tell me your name." She asked and Sameer gave the details.

"Mr. Khanna, your meeting is scheduled for 10. You are asked to wait in the meeting room which is on the 12th floor." The receptionist informed us and we moved toward the lift.

"Hello Mr. Khanna, it's Akash, Mr. Mehra's secretary. Please come this way." As we reached the 12th floor, Mr. Mehra's secretary greeted us.

We entered the meeting room, Sameer and I settled on the couch beside each other and Karan and Rishi took their seat on the other couch. This meeting is important for all of us if the show goes successful, which I am sure it will. We all can move one step closer to our dream to become the best pop-rock band in India.

"Don't worry Jam we got this." Sameer's voice made me look at him. He is right, we all worked hard so no need to worry.

"Of course we got this after all you got me beside you." I said jokingly and we both chuckled together.

Someone entered the room, I looked up and he was standing there looking into my eyes straight. He took a seat opposite to us and kept staring at me. This man, why does his gaze always make me nervous and wants me to disappear somewhere? I know that I should not get bothered but he is looking at me like I am his prey and he is the predator. Oh god just please make this meeting end soon. 

Hey Guys! This is the next chapter and I hope you all liked it. Please vote and comment as it motivates a lot. 

Which character do you like the most let me know in the comments below! 

Till then don't forget to smile, will meet you next Tuesday Bye!!