29. The Backstory

Hello little bunnies I hope you all are good so next update is this sorry to make you all wait :|

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 350 votes

---------------------------------

Kabir's POV:

"Hey Kabir, it's been long." She slowly came forward and stopped a few steps away. She forwarded her hand to shake with the same bright smile I used to love. I kept looking at her in disbelief.

In these past 6 years we never contacted each other even for once and today she is standing in front of me. When I didn't forward my hand to shake Ahan did it instead.

"Hi I am Ahan Bhatt naam to suna hi hoga." Ahan gave her a welcoming smile which she returned.
(Hi I am Ahan bhatt must have heard my name.)

"Hi I am Tanya Malhotra." She again looked at me while Shreya came forward and stood beside me.

"Do you guys know each other?" Shreya looked at both of us.

"Yeah actually we both are childhood friends." Tanya spoke after thinking for a second. Ahan snapped his head toward me and Shreya kept staring at Tanya.

"How come I never knew my brother had this beautiful childhood friend." Ahan threw his hand around my shoulder and said with gritted teeth.

"We haven't been in contact since she left india." I removed Ahan's hand. "Please excuse me, I have to make an urgent phone call." I left the place because I needed air to breathe. Her being in front of me after all these years, I can't take it.

She didn't even bother to contact me and then she shows up here behaving like nothing went wrong between us 6 years ago.

I went to the back side of the resort. The cold breeze touched my skin and somehow it helped my mind to relax. The sky was getting darker, the air felt fresh and the greenery made my senses ease a little bit.

I closed my eyes to feel the surroundings and tried to just focus on the sound of plants and leaves moving with the wind.

"Kabir?" Her voice again echoed in my ears and I opened my eyes but didn't turn. The sounds of her footsteps could be heard as she came closer and stood beside me.

"Kitna pyara mausam hai bilkul waise jaise tumhe pasand hai." She still remembers these things about me. While I always wondered if she even remembered my name.
(Such a lovely weather just like how you love.)

"Why are you here?" This was the only question my mind kept repeating since I saw her here.

"What do you think?" Never got a proper answer from her. She hasn't changed a bit even after all these years.

"It never mattered what I thought, why now?" I didn't look at her but I can say she is looking at me.

"Kabir... I know I was wrong. I am sorry but I didn't have any other choice at that time and you know that." Her voice was low and pleading but it only made me angry. I curled my palm in fists to control myself.

"Don't give me that Tanya, I gave you the choice but you decided to ignore it and did what you wanted." She came and stood in front of me. Our eyes met for a microsecond and I looked away because I don't want to be weakened in front of her.

"That was not a good choice for any of us Kabir. How could I be selfish?" I scoffed at her words because they don't make any sense.

"You were not selfish? You were nothing better Tanya. I loved you with everything I had in me. I was ready to leave everything behind for you, even my career but what did you do? You left me without even telling me."