31. The Incident

It's nice to see little bunnies again!  I hope you all are great so the update is here, a long one so do vote okay!

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 380 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!

--------------------------------------------

Mahi's POV:

"Why are you buying a Saree for me?" My eyes widened when Priya told me that she is going to buy the Kerala saree for me also.

"Because we decided to wear it together, so isn't it's obvious to buy one for you as well." She shrugged her shoulders and continued selecting.

"Whatever I am not wearing and that is final." I folded my hands in front of my chest and stood in the corner, letting them know that I am not participating in this activity at all.

"Come on Mahi, don't be a buzz killer. Hum ladke bhi to lungi pehan rahe hai, tum bhi Saree pehen lo konsi badi baat hai." Rishi gave me that not-a-big-deal look and I rolled my eyes at him.

(We boys are also wearing lungi, you also wear saree, it's not a big deal)

"No one is stopping you if you also want to wear a saree, Rishi." I gave him a fake toothy grin and everyone started laughing.

"Stop it guys. Come and select which one you like Mahi. I am also buying cloths for Kabir, and everyone else. It's decided." Ishaan said and everyone agreed leaving me no other option.

"Let Nitya choose for me. I don't know about this stuff." I waved my hand in the air with a bored look. After they were done we left for the resort because it was almost 7 in the evening.

Ishan pulled into the parking lot and we got down from the car. Ahan was standing in the garden with everyone else but Kabir was nowhere in sight. I moved my eyes across the garden and they stopped on him.

He was standing with Tanya in the corner of the garden. She held his hand in her while speaking something but I couldn't make sense as they were far.

"Ah it's true what they say I guess." Priya's voice was heard behind me. I turned my head toward her and she was also looking at them.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confusingly.

"I heard some of the people here talking about Kabir and Tanya. They said that they both are childhood friends and were dating each other when they were in college but broke up when Tanya went abroad. At first when I looked at them I thought they were rumors but looking at them right now, I don't think they were just rumors. Who knows they might come back together." Priya said, still looking in their way.

Is it true? He never mentioned anything about her. Things between them really seem a bit off. They should be comfortable if they have known each other since they were young but it doesn't seem like that.

Is this because they were dating and things are awkward between them now? Are they getting back together? "They can be rumors, he is a famous personality after all." My inner voice replied to the questions my mind was repeating.

"But what if these rumors are true?" My mind again asked another question.

"Why do you care so much? It has nothing to do with you." My mind mocked me. That is right I shouldn't be bothered by all this but why is this thought still bothering? Why I don't want him to be this close to her? Why is my heart so anxious just on the thought of them being together?

"You guys are here." Ahan voice stopped the continuous questioning between my heart and mind. I glanced at Kabir and he looked at us. He took his hand back and started walking toward us.