26. Unsaid Words

Mahi's POV:

Music was blasting and everyone was enjoying themselves without any care in the world. The couples Nandini di, Samarth bhai and Rishi, Priya were having their movements, while Ahan, I, Nitya and Kirti were dancing together. Kabir and Karan were just enjoying their drinks.

Sameer was the most quiet among all, he didn't even join us. Ahan is such a fun loving person unlike his best friend. I asked Kabir to dance with us but he denied.

After almost 1 hour of dancing and singing we all were tired and decided to rest before having dinner. The whole day was great. We played a lot of games and had tons of fun. Kabir planned all this so I can't think about yesterday's events and all this really helped me to calm myself.

I went toward the bar counter to have a drink. "Karan, please make one for me too." He was making one for himself.

"No Mahi, you can't drink." Comes the response from our Mr Mehra.

"And why is that?" I raised my eyebrow leaning on the bar counter. He passed me a glass with orange juice in it and clicked our glasses saying "You have this."

"I want a drink and not this orange juice okay?" I moved to the other side to make a drink for myself.

"You are a disaster after getting drunk. So there is no way I am letting you drink." His words made me stop and my mind started recalling the events of last time. Mahi he is right, you can't embarrass yourself again!

I picked up the glass of orange juice and took a sip of it. Karan was looking at me with astonishment because usually I never listen to others that easily. Also I am not obeying Kabir but I want to save my face.

"What? I care about my health and drinking is injurious to health. You both should not drink as well." I left their sides before any of them could say anything to me but I didn't miss the satisfactory expression on his freaking handsome face.

"Get your mind back on track Mahi!" I murmured to myself and moved toward where Ahan and Nitya were sitting. They both were talking to each other, they looked comfortable. Nitya is not someone who can make friends easily but surprisingly they both are getting along well.

"Hey guys!" I let them know my presence and both looked toward me. "Today was fun right?" I sat beside Nitya on the couch.

"Yea it was great! I never saw him doing so much for someone. He is really moving forward after all-" He stopped in between. I couldn't comprehend what he meant. Is he talking about Kabir? I was about to open my mouth to ask what he meant but before that he stood up and left saying he had to make a phone call.

I and Nitya looked at each other and she just shrugged her shoulders. I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes. I was tired after draining my energy on the dance floor. "Nitya." I opened my eyes and she hummed in response but didn't look up from her phone.

"Why did you decide to work on the music video?" My words made her look up at me with a little surprise. She thought for a while and leaned back on the couch, looking up at the ceiling she answered.

"The director of the music video is a very good friend of my dad. He saw one of the advertising projects I did in first year and he really liked it. Dad promised him that I will work with him in his next music video."

"I was not ready at first but dad said this is the last time he is asking me because he already promised and I don't want him to break his promise so I agreed. This doesn't seem bad though." she said with a small smile on her face.

"But Sameer is going to be beside you. Are you going to be okay? I know things are not very good between you for the past week." I paused for a second and looked at Sameer who was drinking recklessly.