11. Past scars

Kabir's POV:

What is happening to me, it's like my mind is not in my control anymore. "She is here just for 6 months, get your act straight Kabir!" I reminded myself and laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes and her face started flashing.

Flashback

"We are graduating in a week. Shall we go on a vacation after that?" I asked her and she gave me a small smile but didn't say anything.

"Everything okay?" I asked noticing that look on her face. It's been a few days that she is acting differently. She has always been bright and cheerful, making everyone smile in her presence and that's why I fell in love with her.

"Everything is okay, I'm just hungry." She said changing her expressions and I just smiled.

"Okay let's get you, your favorite subway wrap and coke." I said standing up and she did the same.

"About the vacation, where should we go? Paris?" I asked because I know how much she loves Paris. Her expression changed again and I wondered what was wrong with her?

"Tanya?" I waved my hand in front of her face and she blinked.

"Are you sure you are okay?" her behavior started making me worry.

"Are baba I am okay and let's go I'm super hungry." She smiled and changed the topic but I never imagined things will never be the same for us from that day.

Flashback ends

It's been 6 years and still I am stuck here. I need to stop, It's too painful to handle it. I don't think I can love anyone else other than her but I don't want to love her either. She is not here and she is not coming back, that hope died long ago.

She never looked back and I didn't have it in myself to look for her. The thing that I regret the most is, I lost her not only as my first love but also as my only childhood friend. I slept with the memories of our painful yet beautiful past.

I woke up as my alarm started to ring. I looked at the clock, it showed 6 am and I got up from my bed. I changed into my shorts and t-shirt for jogging. I looked at Mahi's room, the door was closed, she was still sleeping.

I came back after an hour and mom was there in the living room. "Good morning mom" I greeted.

"Good morning son, go and freshen up I will get the breakfast ready." I nodded and headed to my room. I took a shower and got ready. I went downstairs and took my seat on the table. Mom served me pancakes and I looked toward Mahi's room.

"She is not coming?" I asked mom as I took the first bite of the pancake.

"She went with her friend just before you came back from running." She served herself a pancake.

"Friend? Which friend?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She left this early in the morning.

"Sameer, he came to pick her up." She replied and I just nodded.

I picked up my phone to call her but realized that I don't have her number but I have Sameer's. I finished my breakfast and left after saying bye to mom. I settled in my car and dialed Sameer's number "Good morning Mr Khanna" I greeted as soon as he picked up.

"Good Morning Mr Mehra, You called early, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"Your band is required to come to my office by 10am, so please be there on time." I informed him.

"But we were not told about any meeting for today." He said and he is right there was no meeting for them today but how can she leave without even informing. I don't know why I am doing this but right now I want her in front of me.