21. Hurting & Healing

Nitya's POV:

Looking at him all the memories started flashing back in front of my eyes. I thought we would never come across each other again but fate likes to play games. It enjoys the voice of our heart shattering into a million pieces.

It hurts like I can't breathe any more. The past I was trying so hard to forget and leave behind stood in front of me shamelessly with no regret or guilt. How can a person be so heartless? Why am I so unlucky in love? What I did so wrong to deserve all this?

Pranav and I met in the first year of college. We both were in the art club of the college. He was such a sweet person back then who respects everyone, always remains calm and composed, and can make anyone comfortable around him. At that time I never knew the person behind the glorify mask would be this wicked and disgusting.

We used to meet twice a week for club activities. Soon we became good friends and within two months he proposed me. I rejected him once but he was persistent and at last I accepted his proposal.

I wanted to forget my first love and move on so I gave him a chance. Everything was going great, the first year was full of laughter and love.

Mahi never liked Pranav, she used to tell that he is too good to be true and I always said that she is thinking too much.

Only if I have listened to her then things might have been different. It was the last day of the year. The college had a big party to welcome the new year.

I was very much excited to do the countdown with Pranav and welcome new year together. We all were having fun together when he said he will be back in a minute.

The countdown was about to start but he still didn't come back. I excused myself and went to search for him. I searched almost everywhere but he was nowhere to be found. I went to the back side of the college with the hope I might find him there but the scene which unfolded in front of me broke me once again.

His eyes were closed as he kissed Sneha. His hands were wrapped around her waist and her hands were around his neck.

She noticed my presence and smiled with satisfaction. She was in the same class as us but we never got along because she was filled with her ego and attitude.

Tears started to flow unknowingly, it felt like thousands of needles pricked my heart making it bleed.

Why? Just why all of this is happening to me? Why am I the only one who gets hurt at the end every time? All these questions were running in my mind at that time.

"Oh Nitya darling now you already saw everything from your own two eyes then let me tell you I think we should not be together because you are such a bore" His words started to ring in my ears again. I remember every single word he said that night. How can I even forget those insulting words?

"Sneha is more powerful, rich and beautiful than you. Why wouldn't I choose her? But I must say you were one of the best girls I ever dated because you were so dumb that you can't even see your boyfriend was cheating on you this whole time." The venom he spitted from his mouth burned every single ounce of confidence, feeling and love I had in myself.

My heart again crumbled into thousands of pieces. Every time I try to believe I can be loved, people prove me wrong. From that day onward I remained at home, locked myself in my room for three months. I isolated myself from the world. I couldn't bear the pain their actions and words gave me.

Mahi used to come home every single day for three months with Sameer and other members. My parents, my friends tried every possible way to make me come out and talk to them but I was in no position to talk or see anyone. I hated myself when I looked at myself in the mirror. The pale yellow skin, dark eyes due to continuous crying, everything was messed up.