19. The Game

Mahi's POV:

We reached home soon and everyone was already there. They all were talking about the show and other stuff. Everyone looked happy and I could not help but smile.

"We are here!" I approached them, hearing my voice, they all turned towards us. "We even bought desserts for you all."

"Wow desserts, great idea." I handed the bags to Aparna aunty.

"After all it was your idea aunty." I went and took my place between Dadaji and Rohan.

"My idea bu-" Aparna aunty started but Kabir cut her off saying "Mom It's getting late I am sure everyone is hungry let's have dinner." He is not the only one who is hungry though.

"Yea let's go." We all stood up and went toward the dining area. The dinner was a super fun event and everyone congratulated us for today. We all talked about a lot of other things and then went to the backyard to have our desserts.

The Backyard

Other side

"Wow, this is so beautiful

"Wow, this is so beautiful." Nitya said as she took in the view of the backyard. I always loved this place and often came here to practice in the past few weeks. This place brings peace, the smell of the flowers and the slow breeze lightens the mood.

"This beautiful place was Suraj's idea. He always wanted a place like this in our house where we can sit and talk in peace." Aparna aunty came with a tray in her hands. Who is Suraj?

"Suraj was not only a good husband and father but also a very good human. He must be proud of his son and wife." Mom went to Aparna aunty and hugged her. So he is Kabir's father, I remember Rishi told us about him once we joined Shine that he died in a car accident.

I looked toward Kabir and his eyes seemed empty. He had a small sad smile on his lips, he must have missed his dad a lot. Even though I have my parents near, they always seemed far to me but he doesn't even have him around.

"Ah the rasmalai is so tasty you all should try it." The atmosphere turned a little gloomy so I need to bring the fun back. Everyone had their choice of dessert and I picked up a cup of shrikhand for him.