30. A Place to Visit

Heya little bunnies!!!! How are you all doing? Thanks for patiently waiting for the update :) I know you all are night owls like me so no worries.

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 380 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!

--------------------------------------------

Mahi's POV:

I moved to where everyone was, leaving Kabir behind. "Guys at least you all should have told me about your arrival, not fair!" Ahan whined and grabbed Ishan's arm and dragged him toward the coffee table.

"It was a surprise for everyone, okay!" Ishan said and took a seat on one of the chairs. His eyes went to the girl who was talking to Kabir when we came.

"Is this for real? Tanya Malhotra is here." His eyes widened and he jumped on his seat. Who is this woman? Why is everyone so excited upon seeing her?

Ishan stood up from his seat and gave a side hug to Tanya. That is her name right. "Hey Ishan it's nice to see you again." She gave a bright beautiful smile.

"It's been years, what are you doing here? Weren't you in Paris?" They both sat back and we all did the same.

"I am here for work only. I am the head costume designer for Kabir's upcoming movie." The way she took his name seems they both know each other well.

She seems sweet and kind because everyone instantly liked her, even my friends.

I glanced at Kabir to know if he is also looking at her like everyone else. I quickly turned my eyes away when I realized he was looking at me. No, a correction, he was staring at me.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I being childish? Mr Jerk is again messing with my head!

"Where is my room?" I stood up from my seat with a sudden movement. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. "Ehh... I am tired so I just wanted to freshen up." Their expressions relaxed and I gave them an awkward smile.

"Oh Yeah you all must be tired. Go and get yourself fresh, we can talk later. Let's meet for lunch after some time." Everyone agreed with Ahan and we went to our rooms.

I and Nitya were in the same room. Sameer and Karan's room was beside us. Priya and Rishi decided to share the room.

We all decided to meet after 1 hour for lunch. Nitya went for a shower after me. She told me to go ahead so I went to the dining area but no one was there. I just took a seat on the empty table. I texted Aparna aunty and Grandpa that I safely landed.

"Why are you here alone?" The deep voice came from behind but I don't have to turn to know who it was.

"They must be coming." I said in a not so bothered tone, still keeping my eyes on the screen. The voice of his shoes tapping on the white marble tiles grew loud as he approached me. He took a seat beside me but I decided to not look at him.

He didn't speak anything for a complete five minutes and the fact that I know he is staring at me was enough to irritate me. I sighed loudly and turned to face him, "What is it?" I asked in an irritated tone.

He still didn't reply but kept looking at me. I raised my eyebrows and was about to speak something but he forwarded his hand and pulled my chair closer to him. The voice of the chair screening the marble tiles was echoing loud in the empty dining hall.

My eyes widened and breath got stuck in my throat because he was literally just an inch apart from my face. My grip on my phone tightened.

My heart suddenly started to play drums in my chest and my mind went blank. His eyes pierced mine while his face remained dangerously calm.