42. Press Conference

Exams OVER!!!!!!! And your updates are here!!

I missed you all! Did you miss me too? (or missed the characters more??)

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 900 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!

----------------------------------------

Kabir's POV:

"Sir everything is ready as per your instructions." I heard Akash's voice from the other hand of the line.

"Great, we will be there in half an hour." With that I hung up and started the car. Home feels silent without her. She left yesterday and the walls already miss the voice of her laughter.

The way she moved around in the whole house, her smile, her warmth, her smell, is missed. Her absence could be felt in every corner. The backyard is strangely more empty without her music.

Everything went back the way it was before she came but still nothing feels the same after she left. I barely slept last night, aware about the fact that she is not sleeping in the next room.

I am used to her presence, her smell, her laughter, her childish banter. How can I bring myself to accept that she is not going to stay under the same roof as me?

It's been just a day and I am already regretting the decision of sending her back but what else could I have done.

I reached her place and the guard opened the door for me. I stopped the car and climbed down. My phone rang and the screen showed "dolphin". My lips curled up and I picked up the call.

"Where are you?" She asked immediately.

"Somewhere near you." I moved closer to the entrance of the house.

"Where?" Confusion coated her voice and I rang the doorbell.

"Why don't you open the door, dolphin." Nothing came from the other side and the next moment the door flew open. She stood in front of me, keeping the phone close to her ear.

She stared at me for a few seconds before she ran and threw her arms around my neck and her legs around my torso. She tightly grabbed me and hid her face in the crook of my neck.

My hands went to her back and I gave her a light squeeze. "Someone missed me a lot." I caressed her hair lightly.

"Not at all." She mumbled.

"Of course that's why you are hanging on me like a monkey, right?" She pulled her head back and looked in my eyes. Her eyes seemed empty and my smile instantly vanished.

She didn't say anything and got off me. "Hey" I cupped her cheeks and made her look into my eyes.

"I am nervous for today." She looked down and whispered slowly.

"I will be just beside you Mahi. You don't have to be nervous at all. Just stay with me and leave the rest to me okay? You can do that right?" She nodded.

"You are early." Mr. Deshmukh's voice travelled down the way and I looked over Mahi. He was standing in a grey suit with his hands tucked in his pocket. His aura is cool and confident, as a businessman he is an inspiration to many.

"Good morning Mr. Deshmukh. A big day it is, can't take any risks." I forwarded my hand to shake. He waited for a few moments before shaking my hand. Like father, like daughter.

"Looks like you are prepared." He said with a straight face.

"I have to be after all it involves my girlfriend." I looked at his calm face turning a little tense but he managed to return to his calm expressions again.