35. I Am Falling

A late night update for my night owls sorry to keep you all waiting but time doesn't like me much and so I really lack it :|

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 480 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!

--------------------------------------------

 Mahi's POV:

I was about to have the first bite of chole-bhature when the comforter was snatched away from me with someone calling my name loudly. "Oh god, wake up Mahiiiiii!" I sat up on my bed with a sudden jump.

"Where is my chole-bhature?" I looked here and there, turning my neck.

"What chole-bhature? Wake up, we have to go." Slowly the surrounding sat with my sense and my shoulder dropped realizing I was dreaming.

"What time is it?" I pulled the comforter back to go back to my delicious dream but before I could lay down it was again snatched from me.

"It's 4 in the morning, come on stand up, we have to go for the temple visit at 5 before leaving for Mumbai. Don't you remember?" Nitya's words registered in my still sleepy mind and I turned my head to look outside.

It was pitch dark. Why we have to go so early in the morning? These creatures won't even let me sleep peacefully. "Just give me 5 minutes, okay just 5 minutes." My eyes were still half closed.

I tried to grab the comforter but she took it and kept it at a distance from me. This girl! Sometimes I don't know if she is even my friend.

"No more 5 minutes! It's been almost half an hour that I am trying to wake you up." She pulled me by my arms to make me get down from the bed. I lazily kept my feet on the floor and she kept pulling me.

"Okay okay I am awake now, see." I showed her my eyes wide open and she lightly tapped my head.

"Yea sure now go and freshen up we have to get ready." She said and almost pushed me toward the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a hot bath as the weather was a bit chilly in the morning.

When I came back with a white robe on. My eyes widened looking at the beauty standing in front of me. "Oh my my look at this gorgeous lady." My mouth hung open.

Nitya was wearing a white Saree with a beautiful golden border on it. Her hair was tied in a loose bun. Golden jhumkas adored her with gold bangles. She turned to look at me and smiled.

"You think I look okay in this?" She asked with a confused smile on her face.

"Good? You look gorgeous my lady!" I turned her to look in the mirror. "See you look absolutely beautiful." I said looking at her in the mirror's reflection and she smiled.

"Now come on it's your turn to get ready." She said, making me sit on the chair in front of the mirror.

"What?" I was taken aback.

"Everyone is wearing saree and you are no exception." She ended the discussion then and there leaving no room for it.

She applied some cream on my face, kohl, mascara and a light color lipstick. She instantly turned me from someone looking like a homeless person to a pretty girl. Even I was not able to recognize myself.

"Let's drape saree for you. Go change into these." She handed me a green blouse with an off white petticoat. I looked at her for a second and she glared at me. I went to the bathroom and came back after changing.

"Now just stand here, still." She said with an authoritative tone and I gave her a curt node with a smile. She swiftly draped the saree around me in just a few minutes.