24. Acknowledgement

(Not edited)

Mahi's POV:

The storeroom was pitch dark. "Ugh where is the light switch" I somehow found the switch and turned the light on. I kept a stick between the door entrances to not let it get closed.

There is a lot of stuff here but aunty said the albums are in a big wooden box. I searched and found a big box. I opened it and there were a lot of photo albums. I picked one and the first photo was of a small child standing on grass with a cute hat and shades.

"He looks so cute I can't imagine it's him. Now he looks so handsome but not cute but sometimes he can do cute things." I chuckled remembering the look on his face when he ripped bubbles accidentally.

I turned to another photo and it was a boy in a small cute purple frock. Oh my god aunty said she used to dress him as a girl because she bought a lot of baby girl dresses thinking she will have a daughter. I can't control my laugh. He even posed, keeping his palm on his chin and giving a small elegant smile.

"I can tease him so much, finally I have something against him." The evil thoughts started coming to my mind about how I can get reactions from him and irritate him in every possible way.

"We will see Mr Mehra. I want to see the look on your face when I will show you these wonderful memories from your childhood hehehe." the voice of something dropping came and I turned, the wooden stick fell on the ground and the door closed.

"Oh no no no!" I rushed toward the door but it closed before I would get the grip of the door handle. I tried opening it but it was of no use. It was not opening no matter how hard I tried. Icing on the cake is that I left my phone in the living room. I looked around and I was stuck here in the store room.

Suddenly my breathing became uneven. The memories of childhood started flashing back. I was unable to breathe properly. My throat went dry and the room started spinning around. My hands started to sweat.

"No no not again. I can't have a panic attack now." All the energy started leaving my body. "Come on Mahi you can't die here, breathe okay." I started talking to myself.

 With whatever energy was left in my body I started banging the door. I know Mohan kaka is not here right now but he might come soon.

Even after 5 minutes no one came. All the unwanted thoughts started capturing my mind. What if nobody comes and I will be left here alone to die. "Stop thinking Mahi, start breathing you need to live. You just got your first big project." I need to keep myself conscious.

I tried banging again but my feet gave up and I dropped on the floor. The room started becoming black and my head felt light as if it's the last breath I am taking.

—------------------------------------------------

Kabir's POV:

I reached home and got down from my car. Mohan Kaka was coming back from the grocery shop because he had two big bags in both of his hands. "Arey aa gaye beta tum. Chalo tumhe or Mahi betiya, dono ko ek sath khana laga deta hu."

(You are home. Let's go, I will serve food to Mahi and you together.)

I nodded and we both moved inside. Her phone was on the couch but she was not around. "Where is-" I started but a loud thud was heard from the last part of the living area.

"Mahi betiya storeroom se kuch lene gai thi." Mohan kaka said and I rushed toward the storeroom. The door was locked and it wouldn't open. I decided to break the door and slammed it with my shoulder 2-3 times and it finally opened.