16. Cunning Plans

Mahi's POV:

The engagement was a small function, not many people were there, just a few close ones. After the ring ceremony, we had dinner and now me and Kirti were talking about all the random stuff we could under the sky.

I was with Kirti the whole time, she is such a sweetheart and hilarious too. We are of the same age and I got to know that she was in the same college as me but I never saw her before today.

We exchanged numbers and she told me to come with her for shopping whenever I get time. Kabir came close to us, "By the way I totally forgot to tell you that you look bomb in this dress. Right Bhai?" She told me and then looked at him.

He didn't say anything but just nodded. What? He won't die if he will compliment me on top of that I wore traditionals for the first time in my life! Okay okay I wore it because Aparna aunty asked me but I won't deny that they look good on me and they are comfortable too.

"It's getting late, we should go now." Mr Jerk said and I nodded. I stood up and went toward Nandini di and Samarth bhai to bid my farewell and they told that they will definitely attend our show.

"Remember our deal okay, call me whenever you have time." She hugged me before we left the place. We both settled down in the car. It was already past 12 and now I was getting sleepy.

"Dolphin wakeup we are here." I heard him say and slowly opened my eyes. How come we reached this early? It's just been 5 minutes since I slept. "No, it's been over an hour since you have been sleeping." He said, Did I say it out loud?

"Do you want to sit here all night?" He asked when I didn't get down from the car. I quickly got out of his car without replying and made my way to my room. I was so sleepy but I somehow convinced myself and dragged my feet toward the bathroom to change and wash my face.

After I was done with my small night time routine, I was about to go to bed when I heard a knock. I opened the door and he was standing there. He already changed into casuals and his hair was still damp.

"What is it Mr Mehra?" I asked in a little serious tone.

"Just wanted to say goodnight." He replied. He is here just to wish me good night but there was no need for it.

"Okay you said it. Now bye." I almost closed the door but he kept his hand on it, stopping me from closing it.

"You looked beautiful today. Have a good night." He removed his hand from the door and walked away. What is wrong with him? I really can't understand him. I closed the door and went to my bed cuddling Bubbles. I tried to sleep but now sleep was nowhere.

My mind started recalling the incident from the evening. When his fingers traced my back it sent shivers to my body. It was a feeling I never felt before, it was not something which made me uncomfortable. I can see he is not the person how people describe him on tv or internet.

I picked up my phone and searched his name on Instagram "Goodness he has freaking 63 million followers!" I almost shouted but kept my hand on my mouth to stop myself. He is super famous. No doubt everyone is after him, of course I am exception.

"So why are you stalking him at 1 am in the morning? My inner voice said. Stop it Mahi and go to sleep. I closed my eyes and I don't know when I drifted off to sleep.

The sunrays fell on my face from the window. I rubbed my eyes and slowly got up, stretching myself. I went to the small balcony attached to my room. The weather looked perfect, slow morning breeze touched my face. My eyes went down and the backyard was perfectly visible from here.

I was admiring the view when his voice interrupted "Enjoying the view." I looked at the left side and saw him standing with a cup in his hand. Our balconies were just separated by a wall. Oh yea his room is just beside mine.