38. The Dress

Heya little bunnies!!! So your update is finally here and I hope you all will enjoy it!!

To unlock the next chapter this one needs 550 votes. Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!

---------------------------------------

Mahi's POV:

"What's the need to buy a new dress? Ishan already sent a dress for tonight. I am supposed to wear that! Why do you want to buy me another one?" I moved out of his house and he was walking beside me.

"Because I want to buy you a new one." He simply replied and opened the car's door for me.

"Come on, that dress is so beautiful and I really like it." I took my seat and he moved to the driver's seat.

He settled and turned to look at me. Suddenly he moved closer and my breath got stuck in my throat for a second. He didn't look at me and his gaze was fixed on something beside me.

My eyes moved to his hand and saw him fastening my seatbelt. He looked up and slowly whispered "But I want you to wear the dress I chose for you, can't you do that?"

My heart melted listening to his words and my lips curled up into a smile. "Okay fine!" I said and he pecked my right cheek.

He started the engine and we drove off to, I don't know where. "Kabir?" I called for him as I had a question to ask which was bothering me since we went to Kerala.

"Yes dolphin." He replied without looking at me.

"Can I ask you something if you don't mind?" I was unsure if I should ask this or not but I wanted to know to clear everything.

"Sure, go ahead." He looked at me for a second before focusing back on driving. I took a deep breath before asking.

"Eh... They say Tanya and you used to be very close. Like you used to date each other before she left for Paris. Is...Is that true?" I don't know why but I was nervous to hear his answer. My heart was beating fast and my palms turned sweaty.

I didn't look at his face, afraid of his reaction or maybe his answer. I fidgeted with my fingers and waited for his answer.

After a long pause he started, "We used to be close, Yes. We dated, No." My nerves relaxed a bit hearing his No.

"But," My heart beat again raced as he took a pause and I heard him taking a deep breath before starting again.

"We used to like each other a lot. We were friends since we were young. She was very important to me as she was the only friend I had back then. I fell in love with her and proposed to her but she rejected me and chose her career. She left for Paris without saying anything and since then we never met or talked. Then I met her again in Kerala after 6 years."

I lifted my lashes to look at him and he was already looking at me. I felt a pang in my heart listening to his words. He fell in love with her? It took me a few minutes to digest whatever he said.

I heard a lot of things about them when we were in Kerala. I always wanted to ask him but never got a chance as we were always busy with shootings.

Even though I believed him, there was always a thought running through my mind. What if he still loves her? What if he will go back to her if she asks him?

I don't know why but the pain in my heart grew thinking about this. My mind became a little numb and I felt an urge to cry, maybe my menstruation was getting a hold on me.

Unknowingly a lone tear escaped my eye and it became a little hard for me to breathe evenly. He suddenly stopped the car and turned toward me.

"Hey Mahi, why are you crying?" His voice was filled with concern and that was it, I burst into cries.