Chapter 1: Beyond the forest

-Dear readers,because of my inexperience,this book may have many spelling mistakes and other mistakes.I will be adding this book' s chapter one by one. Thank you for reading this book.Enjoy :)

Dedicated to @LlynWildr for the lovely banner below!

-Ember-

Ember was combing her long brown hair.She was named after her bright green eyes and her fiery temper."Ember!!"called her father."Go out and take a walk with...what's her name again?"

"Lilia."Ember replied."Yes,that girl."Her dad said while muttering about how strange Lilia is.

It was generally known that Lilia and her mother , who lived in a corner of the village,was...well..strange.They were rumours that they were witches who was send to deceive the villagers because they always keep to themselves and generally don't speak to people that much.Lilia's father was dead because of some accident that had happened 3 years ago.No one was there to see it with their very own eyes.It was about that time that the rumors begin too.

Ember can understand her grief.After all,she also lost one of her

parents herself.Not her dad,of course.Her mother.Her mother died giving birth to her.

Well,at least she still have some faint memories of her father.I literally have none.Ember thought regretfully.I wonder how my mother looks like.

Pushing the thought aside,she pack a basket with cookies and walked towards Lilia's house.

"Lilia!Open the door,please?"

The door creaked and Lilia's face appeared, looking sullenly at her.

"What?"

"I packed some lunch!Please can we go somewhere to eat?!"

Lilia glared at her."Fine.But let me go and change first."With that,she slammed the door.Ember waited patiently for her to come out again.A few minutes later,Lilia appeared again,still looking sulky.Ember cheerfully linked her arms around Lilia and of they went.

The two of them climbed a small hill and finally reach the top.The view up there was so magnificent even Lilia gave a little smile.Just a little.Huh.

Ember put out the food and the cookies on top of the mat that she put just now.

"Come on,Lilia!Let's eat!!"

"You're always so cheerful aren't you?"

"And you are always so grumpy"

Lilia snorted and lay down on the grass,her food half eaten.

"You'll be get grumpy too if people called you a witch."Lilia said,her tone bitter.Ember look at Lilia.

"Look,you have me.Don't care about them.It's okay."

Lilia sigh and say,"I know.It's just..nevermind."

Ember lay down beside Lilia and look at the sky.It was almost sundown,and the sky was fill with brilliant colours.Ember sigh.

"Today's a full moon tonight."Ember said

"I guess.And it's July."

Every full moon on July,two children disappeared.It was always like that,and people suspect Lilia and her mother was the one behind all of that stuff.As if.I'll bet that if Lilia's really the one behind all that,I'll eat my favorite dress.Seriously, I will.

Ember sat up.She smiled at Lilia.

"Well!!That was fun!"Ember said."Let's do that again tommorow!"

Lilia gave a little giggle."Sure,I guess."

Little did they know, that something mysterious was approaching, and that it will take all of their strength and wits to get through it.