Chapter 30: Fiery Retributions

That's right, I'm back! I might start rushing this story until its completed, since I have more time now. 

-Ember-

That night, I dreamt of fire.

It burned brightly like a star, flickering like a torchlight. But in her eyes, it seemed almost vulnerable, as if it would die out the moment you stepped close.

It reminded her of the good times with your friends, but before she could remember those precious times, it flickered out, covering her with a blanket of darkness.

Another fire appeared, the colour of ghostly white, seemingly like poison. Dark images could be seen from it, as if she was viewing the countless past as a viewer.

Confusion rushed over her. All along their priority was to find the Headmasters, and returned safely back to The Schools. But could she really do that? Could they let down what they had saw, the horrors, right in front of their face? The answer was no. It had been branded like a tattoo on their hearts and souls, something that was impossible to forget.

But if that was the case, then what were they doing it for? All the fight, all the running, what did it all ended up as? The question ranged in her heart like the toll of the bell, again, and again..

She was lost.

Staring blankly, her mind seemed to be covered by mist, reaching her hand out for help before realizing that no one would help her. This was hers to figure out, without anyone else to stand by her.

A trap had been set, and the time ticks slowly like an innocent song. If she could not solve the questions to her heart, then she would never find her way out.

The heart is the door, the eyes as windows. If the heart was confused, the eyes cannot see what lies beyond them. The soul acts as a balance between right and wrong, setting them on the path they chose. But it is the heart that choose, and the soul that acts as guidance.

She felt herself sinking, almost as if she was drowning in the waves of her own existence. What was her own goal, truly?

A forceful mind pushed through her barriers, destroying the thick fog.

"Who...are you?" she asked. Her eyes were blank like a puppet being control, unaware of her own condition.

It does not matter who I am

You searched for answers, but are unable to get them. I have helped, but it would not last for long. Eventually, the questions will torture you until you give a suitable answer, or perished. 

The heart traps you. Questions regarding your own existence cannot be solved just like that.

A pair of golden eyes appeared. It was timeless, forever there, but unreachable. Time could not be turned to our own wishes. No matter but happened, time was always there. Still. Silent.

A spark from the fire went to her hands, flickering gently.

You are wise for a young age. Prove your worthiness to me, and maybe you will be redeemed.

Open your eyes, Ember Flameheart.