Chapter 25: The Key to her Heart

Credits to @Umyuu for the lovely drawing of Lilia

-Keith-

He no longer knew what to feel anymore.

He looked at Lilia who was walking infront of them all, and then at the faces of those around him. Fear and shock.

He ha never regret anything be and done before. But that was before Lilia came. Her strong sense of purpose and her cold and seemingly emotionless face made him felt curious of her. It was like God's hand guiding him to the right path, allowing him to see light once more.

She was beautiful in everywhere, but especially on the outside. But deep beneath it, he had saw glimpses of loneliness and sorrow, the two things that he know all but too well.

It pained him to see the suffering and struggles that she must have endured. But it was that fact that made him slowly started to fall for her, whether he was willing or not.

He watched her leading their path to somewhere, her horns still visible while her claws had already changed back into her own, pale hands.

He was... confused.

He didn't know what to choose anymore.

Or maybe, he already know the answers to his heart, the key of it all.

..........................

-Lilia-

She bite her lips as she started to think deeply. She did not have the courage in her to turn around to see their faces again. One had been but enough.

Perhaps if she had but do that, she would have seen what she had wanted to see, the gradual acceptance on their faces after each had thought deeply. Thy did not blamed her, but each have not say anything aloud.

Her hope would had been renewed. But  it no longer mattered, for she thought that all was lost.

A snap of a twig was heard.

Lilia snapped out of her thinking just as an arrow of darkness was launched at her, straight for her heart.

I'm not sorry. Not a single bit.

The reason I wrote Keith's POV in such a way was so that we can understand, from his view, what he was thinking. It was most certainly a pity she did not turned around.

What will happen to Lilia now?

(Ps: The cover will be edited for the moment, so please wait a little longer.)

(Pps: Today happens to be my birthday, so I thought I'll update a chap just for it :D Hope you all like it! Vote and comment to tell me what you think!)