Chapter 23: False lies

I'm sorry for the late update everyone!With a new year comes a new schelude...and a hectic season.Especially when its Chinese New Year.

Dedicated to Autumn_loverr for willing to help me!Thanks gurl~

-Lilia-

Beside her,Shadow snarled,his hackles bristling.Ember froze in her steps.

A loud clap like thunder echoed throughout the cave as a booming chuckle was heard.

"Well,well,what do we have here.''

A man in his eighties appeared in the light,you would have even thought that he was just an ordinary man except for the large horns he had on his head and the enormously sharp canines.

Lilia twitched with unease.The proverb don't judge a book by its cover ran through her head.The old man,as weak as he looked to be,somehow ran shivers through her.A gut feeling told her that the old man could destroy a whole city with a flick of his hands.

The old man looked at her.''I see you are sharp,child.Then you should know well not to cross my path.''Lilia nod.

''Well?I assumed you're here for something?''

''Don't play with us you old man.You know exactly why we're here.''Keith pointed out.The old man's smile only widened like a chessire cat.

''Unfortunately,I don't.''

''Huh?''His words rang true in her ears.

''You did not kidnapped the Headmasters?'' Lilia asked quietly.

The old man stared at her before starting to laugh yet again.

''Tell me.''The old man licked his canines.''Do you really think those two idiotic fools would be so weak and so stupid to wandered of into here?Because if that's what you think,then you youngsters are terribly wrong.''

His eyes darken into a deep blood red colour,just like those writings on the wall.

''You think of yourselves as brave because you dared to wandered into my place,my territory do you?''

His hands turned into wicked sharp claws.

''Get them.''

A torrent of demons appeared out of nowhere,snarling.The old man disappeared.

''Fight your way out if you want to survive.''His voice echoed around the cave.

''Who do you think we are,your puppets?!'' Sapphire screamed at him.

''No,but this is quite amusing to watch.Things rarely catch my intrest,but somehow,you all did.As I just said,fight your way out if you want to survive-that is,if you can.If you can't,well,you'll be a delicious meal for my demons!"He said cheerfully.James scowled at him.

The demons crowded around them with their fangs bared,a sadistic joy in their soulless eyes as they prepared to eat another delicious meal.

Lilia grabbed her sword even as they pounced foward.Sword meets claws,fangs meet knives,they fought.Lilia growled when the demons managed to score one mark on her hand.Snaeling,she beheaded that demon.A deep excitement growed in her as she began a slaughter of the demons.Part of that scared her,as the other part of her began to enjoy the slaughtering.

She had knew that something had happened to her ever since that scar had appeared on her body.She knew that something had changed in her ever since something unlocked in her.She knew the answers to all her questions ever since she had picked up that book in the library.But she ignored all the warning signs,selfishly blocking the truth from her face.

And now?And now she had no choice.

She started laughing crazily,cutting a demon's head from its body.She smiled at the general as her fangs showed.

"Don't provoke me old man." Her voice sounded like the hissing of the snakes as her eyes turned cold and calculating.Everyone else stared at her in horror.

It was said that once,a demon fell in love with a human.Together,they had a child of their own.The act of the forbidden love waged war against both sides,known as the Great War.The demon slaughtered and the human dead,the baby perished as the war ended.

And the child was known as the half-breed,a half demon and half human.

She grinned toothily at the demons.

"Lunch time boys."

The image up there does not belong to me

So,how did the chapter went?I hope its alright,and a Happy Chinese New Year to everyone~ 

Here's a majestic view of a temple with red lanterns! Especially to my chinese readers,have a great year ahead of everyone!