Chapter 27: The Place of Destination

Two steps from Hell- Star Sky

-Ember-

You know how that one moment when everything just happened in a second? Like lightning, appearing in a flash but disappearing in the next.

That was how she was feeling.

The rain came, pouring out like the sky was crying. She glanced around. Snarls and howls could be heard nearby from the wild beasts, their hungry stomach rumbling for meat.

Lilia stood there silently, staring at the ground where her father had lied, moments ago.

"Lilia, we have to go." Keith said softly.

No reaction.

"Why should I?" She lifted her head, meeting his eyes. A sick smile appeared on her face.

Her gaze swept at their faces, searching them for her prey when it landed on Sapphire.

"You. You did this." She snarled. Sapphire stood there silently.

"I had to." Her voice sounded softly, barely heard.

Lilia throw her head back and laughed. Her claws appeared.

"You had to? There is always another way, another solution. Had you tell us, this would have never happened." She hissed. Tears streamed out of Sapphire's eyes.

"Infact, I should just end your miserable life here and now." She lunged.

Immediately, James stood infront of Sapphire as Keith stopped her, twisting her arms behind her back.

"Let me go." She snarled. Ember took a step forward.

"This isn't you Lilia."

"Don't be silly. This is who I am. What's wrong, scared?" She taunted her, struggling to escape from Keith's grip.

A slap resounded around them.

"Get out of her mind, demon." Ember snarled at her. Grinning widely, it's eyes bored into hers.

"Lost and weak like little sheep. All of you are foolish." Its eyes gleamed.

"The one thing you search for is not here, this I will tell."

"What thing?!" Ember demanded.

"The thing you seek for, is to end this war, is it not so? So, I say this again." Its black pupils stared at her.

"The thing you search for, is not here. Seek it where you shall, but it will not appear until it deemed you right of  its presence."

"Search for the Fire Phoenix, where all things leads to it."

Grinning evilly, it release its control from Lilia's mind as her body slumped forward.

You have been warned.

Things just changed for the time. Lilith had make its appearance, warning them.

The most funny thing is, as I'm writing this, it's pretty much pouring rain outside.

I thank you, rain.

See you all next chapter!